Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonPatrick
Level 7

Questions about Spectrum App

Jump to solution

I am a current Spectrum TV customer and use Roku to access Spectrum through the app on 2 TVs. I decided to add Roku sticks to 2 others TVs. When setting up, Roku it asked me if I was a current customer of Spectrum to which I replied Yes. Lo and behold the app appeared in my lineup and was able to use. I thought you were no longer able to download the app anymore?

so here’s my question. I have another house that I’m outfitting as a vacation rental and would like to add Roku TVs to it. Considering it doesn’t have Spectrum TV yet, does anyone think I will be able to download the app to the TV when setting up like with the sticks?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Questions about Spectrum App

Jump to solution

If its on the same account as all the others Rokus, probably.  If you set up a new account, no.

Keep in mind it won't have the same IP (or be connected to the same modem/router/gateway with MAC address), and the Spectrum app is location sensitive (limited/no functionality when connected outside the known home).

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser

Jump to solution

If its on the same account as all the others Rokus, probably.  If you set up a new account, no.

Keep in mind it won't have the same IP (or be connected to the same modem/router/gateway with MAC address), and the Spectrum app is location sensitive (limited/no functionality when connected outside the known home).

StreamerUser

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
JC12
Level 9

Jump to solution

Wow!!! I had spectrum on all my Roku and TVs but uninstalled the app and no spectrum for many months. How did this work for you? I wonder if I go back to factory settings on a Roku , I will be asked the same question when updating?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser

Jump to solution

I think you misread him - he said he is a current Spectrum customer and currently uses the Spectrum app on 2 devices (means installed/activated), and then got 2 more Roku devices, and the app auto-installed on them (expected normal behavior for all apps).

He didnt say he didnt have the app, or otherwise uninstalled it to start with it - he said he had and used the app.

As long as you dont delete/remove/uninstall the app and used it with the Spectrum account prior to mid-December, you can continue using the app indefinitely (it'll even receive updates, and has since the dispute started).

(Though if he had accidentally removed/deleted the app, he could call Spectrum support and they could provide him with a link to the private app with a code, as long as they can verify the install/usage before mid-December)

There are some reports that factory resetting devices has allowed the Spectrum app to reinstall for those that accidentally deleted it (and used it prior to mid-Decemberr), though I wouldnt count on that (try at your own risk and inconvenience).

StreamerUser

0 Kudos