Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kearnsm
Reel Rookie

Question mark in password

The password for one of my channels uses the ? symbol, but that doesn't appear as a symbol on the on-screen keyboard.  Does Roku not support this basic symbol?  If supported, how might I access it?

12 REPLIES 12
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Question mark in password

There should be a "button" somewhere on the keyboard to switch to symbols.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
kearnsm
Reel Rookie

Thanks, but the numeric/symbol button doesn't include a ?

0 Kudos
renojim

Hmm... what channel?  I know of two on-screen full keyboards and they both show the question mark on the "button" to switch to symbols mode.  There's a simpler keyboard for entering PINs that I think just has numbers and letters and another for search that doesn't have symbols.  It could be a flaw in the channel.  If there's anything on the keyboard that looks like it would switch to symbols mode I'd give it a try if you haven't already.

-JT

0 Kudos
pneal
Reel Rookie

I can see the question mark symbol, which you press the #+? symbol to get to and is second from both the top and left. What I can't find is a > symbol and I didn't realise that until I'd got to the last two characters of a 50 character randomised password. It was very frustrating.

0 Kudos
renojim

Where are you trying to enter this password?  The standard Roku keyboard has that symbol, accented characters, and even an upside down question mark.  Is this for entering your Wi-Fi password?  That keyboard is the standard Roku keyboard.

0 Kudos
kearnsm
Reel Rookie

Specifically, I'm trying to add the FandangoNow app.  My password for that site includes a ?.  I'm using the Roku stick.  When I get to the screen to type in the password, I go to the symbols page and a ? is not an option available.

renojim

So it's an issue with the Fandango app, not really with the Roku itself.  It sounds like, for whatever reason, they've decided not to use the standard Roku keyboard screen and created one of their own.  My suggestion would be to just change your password unless you want to go the route of trying to get Fandango to fix their app.  Another idea would be to use the Roku remote app on your phone (make sure it's really from Roku).  That may let you enter a ?.

0 Kudos
pneal
Reel Rookie

On the login page of the All4 app - I have resolved it by simply changing the password to not include that character, however, as a first time user of this platform, I couldn't find the character. I'd also observe, based on some of the other comments on this thread, that ultimately it is the platform's responsibility when approving an app for inclusion on the said platform that it has been designed to a suitable standard, which would (for me) include ensuring that if it is not deploying a standard keyboard then it must include the full range of characters.

EndOfDAys0

I had to buy a new roku when my old one died, this is the same exact issue I'm having with the Fandango App as our password also contains a "?" and there isn't one on the keyboard. Very frustrating. The other two Roku devices (older) had no issues like this.