Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
munger
Level 7

Question about the Roku Channel

I am still learning about using the Roku.  My question is, I have been watching a show on the Roku Channel and hadn't had any issues.  Went to watch it again and now it says "Start your 7-day free trial".  So, it went from a free show to now I would need to pay for it?  (it was Leverage).  I'm on season 5 and up to this point there hadn't been any mention of it eventually changing to a paid subscription.  I assumed anything on the actual Roku Channel would be free.  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
renojim
Level 21

Re: Question about the Roku Channel

The Roku Channel is a mixture of free content and content that requires a premium subscription.  There are several providers mixed in (Starz, Epix, etc.).  If I search for Leverage I see that it shows up under Sundance Now (requiring a premium subscription).  It's possible that it was offered as part of the free content and it just got removed.  Free stuff comes and goes.