Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LR1
Reel Rookie

Qigong channel not working

I was excited to discover the free Qigong Channel and added it to my account. However, every video I check on just returns me to the home page. I know this is probably not a popular channel but has anyone else had this issue, or is there a procedure to follow to get info and/or report it? Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Qigong channel not working

@LR1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Qigong channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LR1
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the response. I really appreciate it.

I tried deleting and adding the channel back but still have the same problem. I also tried contacting informationguy.net which is listed as the developer on the Roku page for the channel but have received no response. Is that who you mean when you say "channel provider"? Also, do you know if the channel is working for others?

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
Kim1

I am having the same problem 😞 hope it is able to be fixed 

0 Kudos
dee317

still not working more than 6 months later.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dee317,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are having a playback issue with Qigong channel, is that correct? 

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1.Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2.Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3.Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
You may also refer to this link: How do I resolve channel playback issues? | Official Roku ... - Roku
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

You can reach them here:  https://informationguy.net/qigong 

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
marbelle17
Channel Surfer

me too - I am having this problem. Why have a channel if you cannot access anything??

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @marbelle17,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are all other streaming channels playing content normally? Are you being prompted with an error message? Have you tried the solution that was previously posted?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
gavinhart

The QiGong channel via Roku has never worked for me. Over two years. I’ve tried the “delete/reinstalling” procedure, doesn’t work. 

0 Kudos