Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Docbean
Level 7

QNAP NAS & Plex Media Server

I'm considering installing Plex Media Server on my QNAP NAS box which contains the movies, and purchasing the Roku Streaming Stick+. The Roku stick I want to plug into my Denon AVR instead of the TV.

What I would like to know (1) if it is possible, and (2) how to set it all up.

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: QNAP NAS & Plex Media Server

Yes, Plex has a Roku channel that works well with a Plex server. How to install on a QNAP NAS is a question you can probably find an answer for on the Plex or QNAP forums. It really has nothing to do with Roku. I did a quick web search and received many pages of sites that offer install directions. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Docbean
Level 7

Thanks!

Re the setup, what I really meant and should have asked is how to get Plex to communicate with the Roku.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"Docbean" wrote:
Thanks!

Re the setup, what I really meant and should have asked is how to get Plex to communicate with the Roku.

After you install the Plex channel on your Roku, when you start it up it provides a link code. You log into your Plex account on a computer and enter the code. you can then access any Plex server listed in your account. Even if you're traveling and connected to a hotel network, you can access your Plex server if you've configured your router correctly. Again, this isn't the best forum for that support. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos