Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shavedxb
Level 7

Purpose of ROKU if I have to have cable

We were watching a few channels. Now suddenly I have to log into my cable provider. What is the purpose of wanting to cut the cable...if I still have to have it. Good example TCM. My provider offers it at an additional cost. Bought ROKU because it was offered. Watched it twice now because I don't pay for it with my cable I can't watch it here. Maybe this wasn't the best purchase...

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
Strega
Level 15

Re: Purpose of ROKU if I have to have cable

Well it's not meant as a way to avoid paying for content that isn't free.  That said, there is lots of stuff that is free on Roku. There are also channels like Netflix, Amazon, HBOMax, CBS All access etc. that allow you to pay them directly.

Back when "cut the cord" was coined, it meant really cut the cord and just watch the over-the-air channels.  Those are still out there too.  (And because of digital TV and sub-channels, there are a lot more of them then their used to be.)

0 Kudos