Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Purchased lifteime Hulu service through Roku using Comptek solutions. Hulu not recognizing contract

Jump to solution

After installing Roku Ultra through Roku service rep Kevin, purchased a liftetime contract for Hulu and CBS done through Comptek Solution Services for $269.99 on April 1, 2020.  Hulu is now requiring that I set up an account with them and to charge me a monthly fee.  How do I get this corrected?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Purchased lifteime Hulu service through Roku using Comptek solutions. Hulu not recognizing cont

Jump to solution

You got scammed!  There was no "Roku service rep" named Kevin.  Dispute the charge with your credit card company.  Roku doesn't use any third parties for setup, support, or anything else.  I doubt "Comptek Solution Services" is located in the U.S., but if they are they should be shut down.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Purchased lifteime Hulu service through Roku using Comptek solutions. Hulu not recognizing cont

Jump to solution

You got scammed!  There was no "Roku service rep" named Kevin.  Dispute the charge with your credit card company.  Roku doesn't use any third parties for setup, support, or anything else.  I doubt "Comptek Solution Services" is located in the U.S., but if they are they should be shut down.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

How did you contact "Roku service rep Kevin"?

There are scam artists out there posing as Roku support that have bilked people out of lots of money.  Web searches to find Roku help can direct you to these if you're not careful.  Any web address NOT ending in roku.com (or where the last characters before the first / are not roku.com) is bogus.  Usually it is a charge for setting up your Roku account - something Roku does not charge for. 

It's possible I just don't know about them, but I've never heard of being able to get lifetime subscriptions to either Hulu or CBS.  I hope I'm wrong, but I fear you've been "taken".

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos