Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tammy6

Purchased HBO Max through Roku and can not watch on IPad

Jump to solution

I purchased HBO Max through Roku and am unable to watch it on my iPad, as Roku does not come up as a provider on the HBO Max app.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Z06
Roku Guru

Re: Purchased HBO Max through Roku and can not watch on IPad

Jump to solution

Unfortunately when you purchase any subscription through Roku you are limited to only streaming on a Roku device. I suggest you cancel you are subscription to HBO Max through Roku and sign up directly on the HBO website. Roku is not a TV provider. It’s a device 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Z06
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Unfortunately when you purchase any subscription through Roku you are limited to only streaming on a Roku device. I suggest you cancel you are subscription to HBO Max through Roku and sign up directly on the HBO website. Roku is not a TV provider. It’s a device 

denhow
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Z06 wrote: 

Unfortunately when you purchase any subscription through Roku you are limited to only streaming on a Roku device. 

That used to be true but things have changed. I subscribed to HBO Max on my Roku using Roku pay. Part of the sign-up process on the TV screen involved entering an email address and password to create an HBO Max account. I used a different email address from the one in my Roku account and I created a different password from my Roku account password. Later I received an email from HBO to verify my email address. I then used my HBO Max account info to sign into the HBO Max Android app. It works just fine.

@Tammy6  When I first signed in to the Android app I had to scroll way down past several "create a new account" buttons to find the "already have an HBO Max account?" button. It was pretty obscurely placed. I suggest that you look at the IPad app again and try to find a similar button.