Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gem64
Level 7

Purchase of peacock TV

I've already searched my question to no avail. You're conducting 4.99 for the use of a channel that is supposed to be giving me live up-to-date shows. That is not the case I wanted to watch 10 year old shows I would almost anywhere else for free. I purchased peacock TV for a specific Channel see my shows that I've been missing why is it constantly unavailable and to please try again later. My shows are on now I don't want to wait later!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DBDukes
Level 15

Re: Purchase of peacock TV

Peacock TV is a service that is owned and operated by NBC/Comcast. NBC/Comcast wrote the app, and it operates as they intended.

If you were thinking that it offered live NBC network stream, you were mistaken. It doesn't. It does offer some linear streaming channels, similar to what Sling TV free offers. But their selling point isn't live NBC (which they don't offer) but the large Universal Studios library of on-demand content.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
bored-to-tears
Level 8

DB.....maybe you can answer this. I got emails from Roku telling me to sign up for Peacock that it is free from Roku. I did and after watching and getting hooked on a 3 season series. They now are asking to pay for the 3rd and be a subscriber. Can't find anything on Roku about even inscribing to Peacock. Was this just a scam from Roku? I would be very disappointed and may rethink my subscription with them. Any input would be appreciated. thanks

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 15

The 'free' is certainly just a trial. If you do decide to subscribe, I would STRONGLY suggest subscribing directly at Peacock TV, and not subscribing through a 3rd party, even if it is Roku.

Secondly, NEVER use a debit card for subscriptions. Use a CREDIT card so you have time to report an issue if something goes wrong before you lose a single penny. Plus, Federal laws give you more power with a CREDIT card versus DEBIT card, even though most banks and Visa/MasterCard have VOLUNTARILY extended those rights to their debit cards.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 15

@bored-to-tears wrote:

DB.....maybe you can answer this. I got emails from Roku telling me to sign up for Peacock that it is free from Roku. I did and after watching and getting hooked on a 3 season series. They now are asking to pay for the 3rd and be a subscriber. Can't find anything on Roku about even inscribing to Peacock. Was this just a scam from Roku? I would be very disappointed and may rethink my subscription with them. Any input would be appreciated. thanks

Peacock TV is free from Roku insofar as it's free for everybody. You see, the service has three tiers, named as follows:

• Peacock. This is free and includes around half of the content that Peacock TV offers.
  • Peacock Premium. This is $5/month, and includes all of the content Peacock TV offers. The on-demand content may (probably will) contain ads.
  • Peacock Premium Plus. This is $10/month, and is the same as Peacock Premium, but the on-demand content does not contain ads.

What Roku is telling you is that you can use Roku to access Peacock TV. What you've been watching is the Peacock (free) service. It doesn't contain everything. Go to https://www.peacocktv.com/ and scroll down to the section that lists the services.

It seems you have the Peacock (free) service. That doesn't include everything, as mentioned here, and as can be found on the Peacock TV Website.

The reason Roku is pushing Peacock TV via emails is that when the service launched, it didn't launch on Roku. For many months, you had to use a different streaming device to use the service. Well, NBC/Comcast finally released an app for Roku. Roku is promoting the app, letting people know that it's now available on the platform.

Oh, by the way, Comcast/Xfinity Internet subscribers get Peacock TV Premium (everything) for free. If you are a Comcast/Xfinity Internet customer, you should contact Peacock TV about tying your service to your Internet account, and you'll get the whole catalog. If you are not a Comcast/Xfinity Internet customer, you'll have to pay $5/month for the upgraded service.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
andyross
Level 15

If you are an Xfinity customer, use this link to create a Peacock account:

https://www.peacocktv.com/xfinity