Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Public access codes deactivated?!

Jump to solution

Good afternoon.

What is happening with the public access codes? It's the only way people for other countries to access channels. All public codes are deactivated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Public access codes deactivated?!

Jump to solution

You are attempting to use the method for loading in a "private channel" that is not in the official channel store.

That appears to be a generic error message that is returned when one enters a code for which there is no established channel app.  I just tried entering a nonsense letter combination and got the same error message.  I guess the error message is technically correct -- if the code is invalid it does not represent a channel available in that region -- but it is misleading.

If you enter a valid code (as I did by entering KICKSON66), you are giving a warning about the channel being "uncertified", but you can go beyond that and install the channel to your account.  Like any channel installed to your account via the website, it will be installed to your device on the next update of the device's software.  You can force an immediate update via Settings > System > System update.

For regular certified channels, like Netflix, install in the normal way via the "Streaming channels" menu option on the Roku home screen, or by logging into the Channel Store on the roku.com website.

For more information on private channels, here's an article on rokuguide.com.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution
Sorry, but I don't know what you mean. What public access codes?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Captura de pantalla-20201005181841-1349x562.png

For example, this: https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=NETFLIX. It shows the message above.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

You are attempting to use the method for loading in a "private channel" that is not in the official channel store.

That appears to be a generic error message that is returned when one enters a code for which there is no established channel app.  I just tried entering a nonsense letter combination and got the same error message.  I guess the error message is technically correct -- if the code is invalid it does not represent a channel available in that region -- but it is misleading.

If you enter a valid code (as I did by entering KICKSON66), you are giving a warning about the channel being "uncertified", but you can go beyond that and install the channel to your account.  Like any channel installed to your account via the website, it will be installed to your device on the next update of the device's software.  You can force an immediate update via Settings > System > System update.

For regular certified channels, like Netflix, install in the normal way via the "Streaming channels" menu option on the Roku home screen, or by logging into the Channel Store on the roku.com website.

For more information on private channels, here's an article on rokuguide.com.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos