Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plonsky
Reel Rookie

Re: Promoting Conspiracy Theories and Violence

The Q channel was something I was very interested in. In order to watch I had to add it to my Roku choice of apps to do so. For those that don’t want to watch it don’t add it and you don’t have to watch it. But to remove it for those that don’t want it is completely wrong, I don’t like adult swim so I don’t have it as one I want to watch. You had something for everyone to choose from. I don’t need my choices censored like this, I’m asking that you put it back for those of us that want to watch. Do the right thing please. 

thetick
Roku Guru

Too bad, a couple of my units are ready for upgrading. Guess what I won't be buying

Good bye.  And the available choices are three of the largest most powerful companies in the world : Google (Chromecast) , Amazon (Fire TV), Apple (Apple TV).   OK sure and Roku and its 800 employees are the evil ones in your mind.

TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO MAX. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
0 Kudos
Pajsmom
Reel Rookie

@thetick wrote:

Too bad, a couple of my units are ready for upgrading. Guess what I won't be buying

Good bye.  And the available choices are three of the largest most powerful companies in the world : Google (Chromecast) , Amazon (Fire TV), Apple (Apple TV).   OK sure and Roku and its 800 employees are the evil ones in your mind.

I am expressing my displeasure with a misguided censorship action. I don't believe I used the word "evil".  I object to censorship of any kind. Indeed, I would object if someone censored your post, distasteful as I found it. That's how civilized discussion works. 

thetick
Roku Guru

Most westernized people consider censorship = evil.  I certainly do.  So you are saying censorship is not evil ?

TheTick
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO MAX. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Pajsmom
Reel Rookie

Censorship is applying personal ideology in an attempt to sway a belief. It is, in itself, not an inherently evil act but a misguided one, unless the motive behind the intent was malicious.  Since I don't know the intent behind Roku's decision to censor a certain channel I cannot ascribe evil behind that intent.  

One could suggest that you have nefarious intent by your apparent need to insult people who are merely trying to express an opinion, however I prefer to think of your actions as misguided.  

Thank you in advance for your inevitable response.

thetick
Roku Guru

We can agree to disagree if censorship is evil.  I still think most westerners consider censorship evil far more nefarious than misguided.

TheTick
0 Kudos
Pajsmom
Reel Rookie

I only speak for myself, since I don't know what others may believe. I do thank you for your courteous response.  

0 Kudos
thetick
Roku Guru

I speak for anyone who values life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  Unless you are part of a ruling party that censors then you are clearly in the majority who value freedom.

TheTick
0 Kudos
AnnT

Qanon supporters that post anonymously. All that anyone needs to know about them. Cowardly half wit cultists. Sad bunch .

0 Kudos
AnnT

Hoping that one day soon the Qanon half wits will come to their senses and realize they’ve been had. 

0 Kudos