Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1oldmike
Channel Surfer

Programs available not being presented correctly

Recently enrolled in BritBox. I had the service through Amazon but got VERY tired of programs that I watch being listed under BritBox but not supplied BY BritBox. It is cheaper than what Roku subscription is. As an example 'Midsomer Murders'. When I select BritBox I EXPECT to see ONLY shows that are provided BY BritBox, NOT a teaser ( as I would call it ) OR an add to purchase another streaming service. Can not find a link to SUPPORT(????) to ask this question so I am forced to post it here.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Programs available not being presented correctly

Hello @1oldmike

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? How are you accessing the show, on the Roku Channel or the standalone app? Also, is your subscription through The Roku Channel or directly to Britbox? 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
1oldmike
Channel Surfer

I subscribe to BritBox through Roku.

Roku added Icon(button) for BritBox.

When I select that I EXPECT to see ONLY programs from BritBox NOT advertisement from other premium services offered through Roku.

Example : Midsomer Murders season 22 IS NOT from BritBox but acorntv.

If I selected Roku channel (where you show all programs premium and non premium) I would expect this.

Since I am selecting the BritBox through Roku I DO NOT expect to see programs from other premium services. 

I canceled my BritBox subscription from Amazon because Amazon was doing this.

If you cannot fix then I will have to subscribe straight to BritBox and cancel my subscription through Roku.

0 Kudos
1oldmike
Channel Surfer

Additionally, I installed BritBox App and it DOES NOT show programs not provided by service. Since there is NO WAY to contact support or support is NON EXISTENT I am forced to post here. Also, if they do respond they are waiting for 'free trial' period to end, which seems piss poor to me.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@1oldmike

Thanks for the clarification.

In this instance, it may be in your best interest to subscribe directly to the BritBox channel directly rather than through the Roku Channel.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos