Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmorse1
Level 8

Program Missing on Roku Channel that is Supposed to Be There

According to My Feed, the 2008 series Crusoe, starring Sam Neill and Philip Winchester, was supposed to have been added to the Roku Channel a couple days ago. I have scrolled through the relevant categories on the channel (Drama and Fantasy, plus Featured and New This Month), but haven't been able to find it. Searching the channel by "Crusoe" only turns up two very old titles, Mr. Robinson Crusoe and Robinson Crusoe's Treasure Island.

Does anyone, especially someone associated with the Roku Channel, have any information about whether the My Feed update is incorrect? Has Crusoe not been added to the lineup or has its addition been delayed? If not, how can I best find it on the channel?

Thank you,

Terry

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Program Missing on Roku Channel that is Supposed to Be There

@tmorse1

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please clarify what you mean when you state that your Feed states that the content was supposed to be added to The Roku Channel? Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
tmorse1
Level 8

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@tmorse1

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please clarify what you mean when you state that your Feed states that the content was supposed to be added to The Roku Channel? Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

I would be delighted to, but I don't see a way to upload photos. The insert/edit image dialogue doesn't appear to have a way to navigate to the images on my computer. How do you upload a photo, or insert it into the reply?

Thanks,

Terry

0 Kudos
tmorse1
Level 8

Crusoe in My FeedCrusoe available on Roku ChannelCrusoe doesn't show up in search of Roku Channel

So I'm attempting to upload 3 photos illustrating the problem. They show up as little boxes in Rich Text view, paths in HTML view, and little boxes in Preview view. I have no idea whether you will actually be able to view the pictures on the message board. We'll find out.

Terry

0 Kudos
tmorse1
Level 8

@tmorse1 wrote:

Crusoe in My FeedCrusoe available on Roku ChannelCrusoe doesn't show up in search of Roku Channel

So I'm attempting to upload 3 photos illustrating the problem. They show up as little boxes in Rich Text view, paths in HTML view, and little boxes in Preview view. I have no idea whether you will actually be able to view the pictures on the message board. We'll find out.

Terry

It appears to me that it didn't work. Then I found this November 2020 exchange between BulldogX and RokuDanny-R:

Do You Wonder How to Insert an Image in Your Post?

If you'd like to insert an image in your post, to illustrate your question or concern, and you're wondering how to do that, the answer is ... you can't.

Apparently, you have to have advanced approval from a community manager to insert photos into a post. So, once again, how can I upload my screenshots to the message board?

Terry

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@tmorse1

Thanks for the follow up.

How are you uploading the photo? Are you using a local link when uploading?

We have seen multiple posts recently that have photos uploaded, so images are showing up in the Community without needing an approval.

In the meantime, I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team to investigate further. Currently the title you are searching for is not available.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
tmorse1
Level 8

Yes, through a local link. There are three screenshots I am trying to upload from my hard drive. Because there appears to be no mechanism for navigating to the files on the hard drive, I copied and pasted the locations from Windows Explorer. I have tried in three different browsers: Firefox, Chrome, and Edge.

I refer you again to that exchange you had with BulldogX on 20 November 2020.

Terry

0 Kudos
tmorse1
Level 8

For the time being, the issue has become moot. "Crusoe" has disappeared from My Feed. Presumably, it was there in error, and someone corrected the error. It would still be nice to get the photo upload mystery resolved.

Terry

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@tmorse1

Thanks for the update.

Local links will not work when uploading an image.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
tmorse1
Level 8

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@tmorse1

Thanks for the update.

Local links will not work when uploading an image.

Thanks,
Danny

Then (for future reference) how did you expect me to upload screenshots in your initial response? How do you do it?

Thank you,

Terry

0 Kudos