Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jontalk
Roku Guru

Problems with Showtime app

I recently subscribed to Showtime and the app doesn't save movie titles to My List. Stranger still when I save titles to the Showtime web site, they're not being saved on the app. I have reported both problems to support so I'm curious if anyone else is noticing this.

I'm running OS version 11.0 on my 4800x using a WIRED 120 mbps connection.

Thanks

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Problems with Showtime app

Hey @jontalk

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Does the issue only occur on Showtime or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

I appreciate the response and have done the remove, restart, replace procedure several times. This isn't a playback issue, but instead the app's failure to add movie titles to a personalized list, though series seem to add without problems. Having chatted with Showtime support, they mention a 'blank page' issue with saved titles though I'm guessing they failed to update the channel when Roku released 10, 10.5 and 11.0 firmware updates.

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@jontalk

Thanks for the reply.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  5. Photo of the problem occurring

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

@jontalk

Thanks for the reply.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  5. Photo of the problem occurring

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Re: #2. As the post title states, this is ONLY occurring with the Showtime app and has been reported to Showtime support. As stated in the previous reply, they've confirmed problems with adding titles to "My List".  In addition, the 'Exit' button on the app fails to work which shows its a problem with the app rather than the Roku.  In addition, the app isn't syncing 'My List' with the Showtime web site and has also been reported. Were this to be occurring on other channels, I'd be happy to provide all the data, but its JUST on Showtime. Audio/Video is fine

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

I thought it valuable to let you know that Showtime support states there's a known issue with the My List page being spotty/blank with certain model Roku players. Last night I decided to scroll over black areas of the list and when clicking on black spaces between the few image/titles that show, I found red rectangles with a title beneath rather than the full image with others. In other words, the selections made for My List ARE. being added, but can't be seen unless you click on a black area that appears to be blank

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Thought I'd let you know that Showtime updated their app, and the problems have been resolved.

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
0 Kudos