Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Problems with DAZN playback

Does anyone else experience problems with DAZN playback on Roku? The video stream constantly freezes and it is very aggravating. I have tried on a couple of different Roku devices (2 Streaming Stick + and a Roku TV) and the issue continues. There seems to be an issue with the DAZN Roku app. I can watch on my computer but I want to watch on my TV which has a lot larger screen and better audio than my computer.

I have tried contacting DAZN directly but their support is no help. All they do is ask me to check my network speed which is a lot better than required. Any ideas from anyone?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Problems with DAZN playback

Yes, having same problems. After 4 weeks of back and forth with Dazn their final reason is that it's an issue with Roku's latest OS, 9.2. I was told to contact Roku support online but hard to find a way to get beyond the community support and actually ask someone a question.

@ShaunPC wrote:

Does anyone else experience problems with DAZN playback on Roku? The video stream constantly freezes and it is very aggravating. I have tried on a couple of different Roku devices (2 Streaming Stick + and a Roku TV) and the issue continues. There seems to be an issue with the DAZN Roku app. I can watch on my computer but I want to watch on my TV which has a lot larger screen and better audio than my computer.

I have tried contacting DAZN directly but their support is no help. All they do is ask me to check my network speed which is a lot better than required. Any ideas from anyone?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I checked and I have Roku OS software version 9.2.0 build 4806-50. Roku does have a Facebook page so I posed the question regarding DAZN and their OS version. It will be interesting to see if Roku responds via Facebook.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I have checked and I have Roku OS software version 9.2.0 build 4806-50. Roku does have a Facebook page, so I asked the question regarding DAZN and OS version 9.2. It will be interesting to see if Roku responds via Facebook.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I've been having the same issues of constant freezing on my Express. My Roku 2 doesn't freeze but just kicks me out or reboots when watching DAZN and their customer service is poor. Virtually impossible to speak to a Roku rep. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same thing with Roku express and DAZN.  Doesn't seem so bad with Netflix etc.  But the NFL games were very bad.

I have DAZN on my iPad and it worked perfectly.  I was wondering if it was the 2.4g cap on Roku expresss as my iPad does 5g.  But it looks like people with the 5g Roku have the same problem...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm seeing the same thing with a Roku Ultra connected via hard-wired ethernet connection (200/20 DL/UL Mbps broadband) so it's not related to a wireless issue as others in the thread have surmised.

Rewinding a bit and letting it run not-quite-live seems to mitigate most of the problem as has been noted in the discussion but I've watched one event where even that didn't work.  Roku and/or DAZN has messed something up here.

0 Kudos