Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Problems with CBS All Access on Dual WAN network

I’m having problems with CBS All Access with a Roku 3 (4200x software version 9.3.0 Build 4194-04) on a dual WAN network.

I have a dual WAN network, with Spectrum cable internet (200 down/10 up) and ATT Uverse (1000/1000) connected through a Ubiquiti Edgerouter 4.  On the LAN side I have two separate networks, each with an 8 port switch connected to a Ubiquiti input port.  Both LANs use the same OpenDNS servers, rather than the ISP provided ones, to avoid problems with lookup on failover.  

The Roku is on the “entertainment” network that is set up to route everything through the Spectrum connection because it doesn’t need high upload speeds.  Normally all traffic from that switch and port goes through the Spectrum connection, but it’s set to fail over to the ATT connection if Spectrum goes down.

When both WANs are connected, I get a variety of errors in the CBS app: Sometimes “uh oh.  An error occurred, we’re working in it”, sometimes “that content is not available outside your country”, and sometimes it gives me the CBS all access login screen.  If I unplug either WAN, the problem goes away immediately without resetting anything, though I sometimes have to exit the CBS app and return to it.  So individually both Roku->LAN->WAN1/WAN2 routes work, but it fails if both WANs are available.

If I unplug one WAN I can start a program and it will continue to play after I plug the WAN back in, failing when it gets to the next commercial break.  

I also don’t get this problem running CBS all access in a browser: I can plug a computer into either switch and watch programs in a browser on the computer with both WANs plugged in with no issues.

I suspect this is a problem with how the All Access application does authorizations, but any suggestions on fixing it on my end without having to unplug things to watch CBS would be welcome.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Problems with CBS All Access on Dual WAN network

I have this same issue.  Any chance you found a solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Problems with CBS All Access on Dual WAN network

Only solution so far is to go into the dashboard and disable one of the WAN connections when I want to watch CBS all access.

0 Kudos