Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DannielleA12
Level 8

Problems going to channels

Someone please let me know has anyone had troubles going to channels on their Roku TV. I try to go to Netflix or Amazon Prime video and it will show the Netflix logo and go right back to home screen same with Amazon no matter what I do it will not let me watch either Channel. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9\
Kymae
Level 7

Re: Problems going to channels

I have had the same issue, I have done everything I have deleted apps restarted my hub, unplugged the Roku. Nothing seems to work at all.if you find a way to fix this please share.

Grandma5
Level 7

I have same problem. Please let us know how to fix....

RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community! 

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• Does the issue only occur on Netflix and Amazon Prime video or all channels on your Roku device like the Roku channel?
  • Could you please verify if you getting any error messages/codes when you are trying to update your Roku device?
  • How long has the issue been occurring?
  • Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Many thanks,
Mary

DannielleA12
Level 8

I am the one who made the post it only does it when I go to Netflix or Amazon Prime I can still go to Hulu and my other apps just fine it does not give me any error code at all I can go to systems and do updates with no problems and I'm using a Hisense Roku TV and it has been going on for approximately a month now when I hit the Netflix button or go to it on my home screen it will go black show Netflix in red and then go right back to the home screen same with Amazon but different colors

0 Kudos
raybbr
Level 7

I am having the exact same problem.  Won’t run Prime Video or Netflix.

0 Kudos
raybbr
Level 7

Try unplugging the tv with the power on.  Wait 30 seconds and plug it back in.  Turn the power on and try it.  It worked for me.

0 Kudos
DannielleA12
Level 8

So someone told me to unplug my tv while it was on leave it unplugged for 30 seconds plug it back in and I did that and it actually worked I am now back into my Netflix in my Amazon

0 Kudos
DannielleA12
Level 8

Someone told me to unplug my tv for 30 seconds while it was on and it worked make sure it's 30 seconds you haven't unplugged have your TV on when you do it but I am back in both of my apps now

0 Kudos
DannielleA12
Level 8

I hope it gets directly to the person who works for Roku who was trying to help I believe her name was Mary somebody had suggested to me on here to unplug my tv while it was on for 30 seconds and that that had worked for them and it did in fact work for me as well I am able to now get in my Amazon and my Netflix again

0 Kudos