Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Molegirl05
Level 7

Problems connecting to tv provider.

My roku was working fine, up until about 2 hours ago. Now I cannot log in to my cable provider and connect to any of my channels. I've deleted each channel, restarted my roku, and reinstalled each channel but I still cannot connect to my cable provider. It lets me go to log in, my phone says everything's all good, but I get an "oops something went wrong" message on my tv. 

21 Replies
Robwats
Level 7

Re: Problems connecting to tv provider.

I am having the same issue. It also just started last week. I have signed in, linked to tv provider, deleted apps, and even reset tv. I called my tv provider and it is not an issue on their end. I can’t watch channels on Roku I have always gotten and pay for through att cable. 

Jstaten05
Level 7

Same here- so annoying! It’s been like this all day.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Molegirl05 @Jstaten05 @Robwats 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Who is you cable provider? What channels are you trying to access specifically? If you are still unable to to authenticate your channels with your TV cable provider you will need to contact them for further assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LovingLynam
Level 7

I am on Spectrum Cable and trying to watch the HGTV App, and it won't connect.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@LovingLynam 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TheBrandons
Level 7

Hello,

Well it is good to know I am not the only one experiencing these problems. I have done a factory reset twice (thats a real pain to setup 3x), uninstalled the Roku app, reconnect the internet connection, added/removed the apps, disconnected and reactivate to the app. The app even says and recognizes my cable provider (UVerse). I added channels that I already pay for via Uverse. Nothing is connecting. All I get is "This Content is only available to viewers who recieve 'X' channel as part of their TV subscription."

Some of them tell me to contact cable provider. I call them and they are wondering why I am calling them. I have the channels I am trying to add. There is nothing my cable provider can do. I created the same username and email with my cable provider and Roku in hopes that would work. Nope. I have wasted hours trying to set this up. 

Please help!!!! There are several forum questions like this. We all can't be technology dumb. 

ADKINS2019
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R 

No it does not. I am running into the same problem. I have done exactly as you have asked and my tv provider is unable to assist because it is on Roku's end, not their end. I have the travel channel that I am trying to get back on, I have been watching it religiously every night and then tonight, when I want to watch an episode it has a red key and then states "This content is available to viewers who receive Travel channel as part of their pay TV subscription." ---Of which I do. I have had no issues watching said episode the night before. So I am confused as to why it would change over night. 

Djmeadows
Level 8

I am having the same problem with ATT U-verse. I was thinking my issue was that I have multiple ATT sign ins and I mistakenly used one other than the one for U-verse, and the wrong one is now embedded in the (Roku) and I can’t displace it. I get a “your subscription does not include this channel” error message. I have tried deleting channels and doing a system restart, to no avail.

what’s the solution?

Keyon143
Level 7

I am having the same issue. My tv was working just fine and now it is saying I do not have a subscription to watch the channels I'm paying for. I called the tv provider and there is nothing they can do. They verified my account shouldn't have the channels. Extremely annoying. Would love if they could fix this

0 Kudos