Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Problems casting from multiple apps?

Jump to solution
So I seem to be having problems casting from multiple apps to my Roku devices. Apps like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, & Disney+ don't show the Roku devices I have on the list. YouTube on the other hand shows the Roku devices and works properly from the get go.

The devices I'm using is the latest model of the 4K Streaming Stick+ and the a 4-5 year old 3500X purple Roku stick.

so I appreciate all the help I can get in advance thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Problems casting from multiple apps?

Jump to solution

@darxjedi85  Thanks for the note here. Different channels offer different features and functionality related to the idea of 'casting' content onto devices. YouTube and Netflix for example, use a casting protocol called 'DIAL' which is supported by Roku devices.

Other channels (apps) may only support Google's own cast protocol, which is not supported on Roku devices. For more information about any specific channel's supported features, we'd recommend contacting that channel provider directly. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having basically this same issue. I have the TCL Roku 4k TV.  The Roku,  Netflix and YouTube apps work as described in the help section, but disney +, wwe, hulu, cbs, and google movies do not show my Tv in the list of devices to cast to.  I don't understand why it works for some but not others.  Hopefully someone else has some answers for us

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@darxjedi85  Thanks for the note here. Different channels offer different features and functionality related to the idea of 'casting' content onto devices. YouTube and Netflix for example, use a casting protocol called 'DIAL' which is supported by Roku devices.

Other channels (apps) may only support Google's own cast protocol, which is not supported on Roku devices. For more information about any specific channel's supported features, we'd recommend contacting that channel provider directly. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I know I am using an app with Roku casting technology because it works on my network. However, I have clients with Roku devices that cannot get the same app to find their Roku on an Android device. Can you think of anything that is specific to Androids that may prevent the app from seeing their Roku? iPhones have no problems. It is something with Android and casting to Roku. Thanks in Advance for any information you can provide. 

0 Kudos