Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoanneFM
Reel Rookie

Problem with tv and movies not showing up on the Roku TV channel

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TV. I am finding a difference between shows featured on the website versus what shows up on the TV. I wanted to watch Outlander (which shows on the website as being under Featured Free), but when I try to find it on the Roku Channel on the TV, it isn't there. Is there a difference in what can be watched in Canada versus the US, as it is with Prime and Netflix?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Problem with tv and movies not showing up on the Roku TV channel

Jump to solution

@JoanneFM

Thanks for the inquiry.

Channel availability and content on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels and content may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JoanneFM

Thanks for the inquiry.

Channel availability and content on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels and content may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JoanneFM
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Darn! I was so hoping to get caught up on Outlander - I no longer have Netflix. I guess it's the same for all these streaming services. Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@JoanneFM 

Check the various services for special deals. Starz, which carries Outlander, is running a deal right now ($5/month for 3 months for new subscribers), and you may be able to catch up quickly. Of course, the new season is underway, so you may need to keep the subscription more than a month.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
JoanneFM
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks! I'll look into it.

0 Kudos
maysfield

Jump to solution

Why does roku.com on my computer return different search results than my roku player via my remote? For example, a particular Netflix show* can be accessed via the player but a search for that same show on roku.com turns up no Roku channels on which I can access it. 

Thanks for any help.

* the movie "Oh, Hello on Broadway" in this particular case.

0 Kudos