Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucas_Torres
Level 8

Problem with subtitles Amazon Prime Video

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm facing an issue with my Roku Express using the app Amazon Prime Video. The subtitle background continues to appear even this option being disabled in the system settings. 

Could you please help me to solve this issue?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Level 16

Re: Problem with subtitles Amazon Prime Video

Jump to solution

@Lucas_Torres wrote:

Hello,

I'm facing an issue with my Roku Express using the app Amazon Prime Video. The subtitle background continues to appear even this option being disabled in the system settings. 

Thanks,

This subtitles background setting has been broken in the Prime app for several years now, though there was a brief one week period last year in which a Prime app update finally fixed this, only to have another app update break it again about a week later.

You'll just have to contact Amazon support about it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

View solution in original post

4 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Roku provides a number of system default settings, but not all channels choose to use them, preferring their own way of doing things, possibly because they want settings to be the same on all the platforms they support.

For Prime Video, try logging into your Amazon account and setting your subtitle preferences there.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Lucas_Torres
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hello Makaiguy!

Thanks for your help but according to Prime Video help: 

https://www.primevideo.com/help/ref=atv_hp_nd_cnt?nodeId=GUZE7UNGCAN9UUM4

• Roku devices do not support subtitle presets - those should be edited on the Settings menu on your Roku device.

In the device configuration I have set the option subtitle background opacity to disable but even with this option the subtitle appears with the background in black. =/ 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

Jump to solution

@Lucas_Torres wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

This subtitles background setting has been broken in the Prime app for several years now, though there was a brief one week period last year in which a Prime app update finally fixed this, only to have another app update break it again about a week later.

You'll just have to contact Amazon support about it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

View solution in original post

Lucas_Torres
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hello StreamerUser! 

Thanks for your answer, I’ll be in touch with Amazon support to try to solve this issue. 

Have a nice day. 

0 Kudos