Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BruceLilly
Level 8

Problem with streaming the end of PBS show Endeavor

Jump to solution

While streaming the PBS show Endeavor this evening, I was about 1 minute from the end of Episode 1 of Season 7 when the screen suddenly went back to the Roku home screen. I went back in multiple times and fast-forwarded to the last minute and the same thing happened. I tried removing the PBS channel and adding it back, but that didn't work either. Has anyone else had this issue?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Problem with streaming the end of PBS show Endeavor

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact PBS support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach PBS support here: https://help.pbs.org/support/home

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
abqjohn
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had sent an email to PBS help desk. Here is the reply, and it worked for me:

Hello John,

We are aware of this issue on Roku devices and our apps team is currently investigating it to find a solution. It appears to be related to the Auto/Continuous Play feature that appears at the end of episodes. Until they can get a fix out, can you please try going into the Settings in the PBS app and turning the Auto/Continuous Play feature off? Once turned off, the episodes should play through fully until the end.

Please let us know if this temporary solution does not work.

We hope to have a fix for the issue soon, and thank you for your patience.

PBS Help Desk

30 Replies
Laure
Level 7

Jump to solution

Me! I just got my Roku today and was getting to the end of my first episode (Baptiste) and it kicked me out. After the third time I gave up and started searching for help. I'm glad (sort of) to know it isn't just me.

BruceLilly
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting your experience. For the record, given that I'm a Passport member with PBS, I was able to log into my account through my laptop and see the rest of the episode without any problems. It was inconvenient, but it worked.

0 Kudos
ProfessorT
Level 7

Jump to solution

Exact same thing happening to us watching Endeavor last night and not successful in any attempts to re-watch it the last minute or so. Now, it just happened today watching ProfessorT (excellent show if you have not seen it). We are going to try and watch it on Amazon Prime to see if this changes anything. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact PBS support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach PBS support here: https://help.pbs.org/support/home

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
abqjohn
Level 8

Jump to solution

I just submitted the following to the PBS site you provided. However, I am rather certain it is not a PBS problem because, as I stated in my submission to PBS, all of the programs complete successfully on my Pixel 3a XL and on my laptop.

"For the last two days, every PBS show that I stream on my Roku TV ends suddenly about one or two minutes before the end. My television abruptly returns to the Roku main menu. I have tried playing the same shwos several times and the same thing happens each time. All of the shows complete fine on my Pixel 3a XL phone."

This just started on Wednesday, August 12th.

digammon15
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem on PBS. About 1 minute before the end of any show, the app crashes and goes back to the Roku home screen.

0 Kudos
abqjohn
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had sent an email to PBS help desk. Here is the reply, and it worked for me:

Hello John,

We are aware of this issue on Roku devices and our apps team is currently investigating it to find a solution. It appears to be related to the Auto/Continuous Play feature that appears at the end of episodes. Until they can get a fix out, can you please try going into the Settings in the PBS app and turning the Auto/Continuous Play feature off? Once turned off, the episodes should play through fully until the end.

Please let us know if this temporary solution does not work.

We hope to have a fix for the issue soon, and thank you for your patience.

PBS Help Desk

BabbyPiggy1
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was at the end the last 3 minutes of season 7 episode 3  Endeavor and the exact same thing happened, did you ever find a fix?

0 Kudos
BruceLilly
Level 8

Jump to solution

I tried the solution from PBS posted by abqjohn and it’s worked for me so far.

0 Kudos