Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
booknerd101
Level 7

Problem with YouTube

YouTube hasn't been working normally how it should. It will load and let me look at videos I need to watch but it won't let me actually watch them. Once I click on it the screen just goes blank, I can't see the title or anything just a black screen. I also can't search for anything, when I go to the search option everything is blank. I can't switch accounts either because it's blank. I've tried restarting my Tv and connecting to different networks but nothing has worked. It's been like this since the night of the 14th. But my Smart Tv in a different room works perfectly fine. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Problem with YouTube

@booknerd101 wrote:

YouTube hasn't been working normally how it should. It will load and let me look at videos I need to watch but it won't let me actually watch them. Once I click on it the screen just goes blank, I can't see the title or anything just a black screen. I also can't search for anything, when I go to the search option everything is blank. I can't switch accounts either because it's blank. I've tried restarting my Tv and connecting to different networks but nothing has worked. It's been like this since the night of the 14th. But my Smart Tv in a different room works perfectly fine. 

You dont mention your model # or firmware version or app version (these matter).

Try:

1) Check for updates (Settings/System/System update/Check now) - try again

2) Remove YT, RESTART THE ROKU (must do this HERE), re-install YT - try again

3) Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) - try again

4) Change theme to the Roku default theme (Settings/Theme/Restore default theme) - try again

5) Change screensaver to a Roku clock (Settings/Theme/Screensavers) - try again

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Problem with YouTube

• If this is a Roku TV, rather than a non-Roku TV with a separate Roku attached to it, did you restart by just turning the TV off and back on?  If so, try this instead: Settings > System > Power > System restart.  (The equivalent on a separate Roku device is Settings > System > System restart.)

• Your system may have updated to version 10 of the Roku operating software that is currently rolling out.  Some of your apps may need to update to versions compatible with this new version.  Try this: Settings > System > System update > Check now.  You may find that a bunch of your stations get updated.  When the update is completed, I'd suggest doing a system restart as mentioned above, just to be sure

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Do not ask me support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
J_Mo
Level 9

Re: Problem with YouTube - blank search page

Hello,

This is suspiciously similar to a problem I recently had, and solved.  If you are using a DNS based ad blocking technology, like AdGuard, or pi-hole, you may be experiencing an issue we recently identified where YouTube suddenly needs access to 'static.doubleclick.net', else it will display a blank search page. 

See this thread for more info.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Youtube-No-longer-able-to-search/m-p/726690/h...

0 Kudos