Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CDAVISEL

Re: Problem using NBC app on Roku

did your problem get corrected? i'm having the same problem.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CDAVISEL

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Spoolin7
Reel Rookie

Mine seems to do it after every show. Watch local news and within a minute of the next show, black screen and error message. Press ok and goes to the guide. Sometimes it works after going to desired show and spinning dots appear. Sometimes it doesn’t. 
I’ll watch nightly news and then when wheel of fortune comes on, screen goes blank. Finally get it working and then happens when jeopardy comes on, then Chicago Med, fire, pd etc. you can’t just put it on LIVE, select a channel and watch the shows consecutively. Frustrating 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Spoolin7  I call your bluff. Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune are only on ABC. Chicago Med, Fire and PD are on NBC. 

0 Kudos
Spoolin7
Reel Rookie

I don’t know what part of the world you live in, but I just watched them and am now watching Chicago Med…. and I didn’t have to touch the remote.

But they’re all back to back on WTLV here in Jacksonville. Followed by first coast news and then Jimmy Fallon and that punk, Seth Meyers. And during the commercials, they have that three note ding ding ding while a colorful peacock spreads it’s wing and has NBC under it. 

hmmm, not a black dot with abc inside. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Spoolin7  Chicago Med, Fire and PD air live weekly on NBC. I watch those shows frequently and I am watching them right now on YouTube TV. Jeopardy and wheel of fortune only air live on ABC. Not NBC. 

Either way Roku does not make the NBC  channel. So any issues need to be addressed to NBC

0 Kudos
Spoolin7
Reel Rookie

Wheel of fortune and jeopardy air consecutively after nightly news with Lester holt on the nbc app when I am on live tv where I have the guide for nbc, cnbc, E!, bravo, the golf channel. It’s channel 47 in Jacksonville Florida. Monday through Friday. Don’t believe me? Look it up. Still don’t? Give me your phone number and I’ll make a video opening the app at 6:55 at the end of Lester holt and push the up button to bring the guide up and you’ll see nbc nightly news, wheel of fortune at 7 and jeopardy at 7:30 then what ever comes on at 8pm eastern on Tuesday night. Or I’ll do it on Wednesday so you can see it all and then the Chicago Med fire and pd on the guide……

of the nbc app

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Spoolin7

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kmoses43

Re: NBC channel: How to fix 'CloudpathError' on Roku

I keep getting an error message.  The error code is CliudpathErrorAuthoruzationNIP.  Can you help me please 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NBC channel: How to fix 'CloudpathError' on Roku

@Kmoses43-

Cloudpath authorization errors deal with logging you into your subscription to channels that use the Cloudpath service for their subscription management, such as the NBC/Universal family of channels.

One thing that some have reported fixes this is going into the channel on your Roku, logging/signing out, then logging/signing back in again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos