Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sonomanut
Level 8

Problem adding Roku Channel to Roku Remote and Firestick

When I add Roku Channel on Roku Remote, install is 4.2 Build 3.  Once installed only Search and About boxes appear along with all the content.  Where is Settings?  There is no way to save favorites.  
Install on Firestick, Roku Channel is 1.0.60.  Once installed Search, Settings, Sign In, Create Account boxes appear with content.  Nice.

Problem… When you try to Sign In, your directed to a URL to enter code from screen.  Once entered, reply is “not valid code”.  Tried several times.  Reinstalled, tried again.  I even tried to create account. Nope, same “not valid code” message  

I have 4200Y, Roku 3

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Problem adding Roku Channel to Roku Remote and Firestick

The Roku Remote app and The Roku Channel app are two different phone/tablet apps for Android/iOS.

The Roku Channel app for Roku/FireTV devices lacking the ability to save/show the "Save List" (from the mobile app) is a common (legit) complaint.  

I just signed into TRC app on FireTV without issue using the same process, so not sure what to advise there - perhaps sign into roku.com first before authenticating the app, and/or try a different browser/device.

FYI, neither the TRC app on Roku (4.2.3) nor the TRC app on Fire TV (1.0.60) show the "Save List", in case you were wondering.

Sonomanut
Level 8

Thanks for the prompt reply.  If the Firestick version, doesn’t have “save list”, I won’t pursue a connection, just wonder why.

Why doesn’t 4.2.3 have a Settings?  Do I need it?

What device do I need to get “save list”?  Any other advice?

Thanks again for your help?

John

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Neither the TRC app for Roku (4.2.3) or Fire TV (1.0.60) has the "Save List" show/save functionality.

The Fire TV app has a settings button because it needs it to set all the settings (account/subtitles/privacy/etc) that otherwise would be configured generally in the Roku UI on your Roku (which is why the Roku TRC app doesnt have "Settings" - you configure all the settings via the general Roku UI).

Unfortunately there is nothing to be done unless and until Roku implements the "Save List" show/save functionality in the Roku/Fire TV apps (app update).

You should suggest this (if it already hasnt been):  https://community.roku.com/t5/Suggest-a-Feature/bd-p/Wishlist

0 Kudos
cokuceo
Level 7

I have the Roku app on the iphone. There is an option at the bottom of the page "save list". When I open it, there are 4 photos from my phone. I dont know how it was added or how to delete it. What I wanted to know is:

1. How do I add anything to the save list

2. How to delete the photos from the save list

3. What/How is the save list and to use it

For reference, here is the image, you will find the option at the bottom right corner:

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@cokuceo 

On the Android app (its all I have/can test) the "Save list" shows content added to the Save List from TRC (The Roku Channel) or other apps:  e.g. go back to the home/start page of the app (not the device), select a show/movie, and select "Add to Save list".

The idea is that its a viewing/listening list for later watching/listening:  "watch later"

I couldn't replicate what you seeing of your own phone's/device's photos being part of the Save List (despite selecting some for casting or for the mobile screensaver).  This may be a difference of app versions or platform (Android v iOS).

You could try clearing the app's data/cache (or uninstalling/reinstalling) to remove the personal photos from the Save list/reset the Save list.

0 Kudos