Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davisjones
Level 9

Problem With One Channel Only ?

I have had a Roku Ultra for not sure 5 or 6 months now and it has always worked fine. My favorite channel I watch every day is UFC.  Not sure what the problem is now but, for some reason when I click on UFC now it just shows the UFC Logo for a second and then goes back to my home page. Checked it and UFC has been updated and I also reported the fact that channel won't open.  I can watch all of my other Roku channels fine and I can watch UFC on my computer so I don't know what the issue is. 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
StreamerUser
Level 16

Re: Problem With One Channel Only ?

This is a (known) compatibility issue with firmware version 10 (opens/operates normally under 9.4) - you should report this directly to Roku and UFC:

Roku:  chat or email  https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options  (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

UFC:   support@ufc.tv

davisjones
Level 9

Thanks for the help. I did contact Roku and UFC.  Davis 

0 Kudos
davisjones
Level 9

I removed the UFC channel from my Roku and then restarted it and added it back in and that did not fix the problem. I also went to settings and made sure my Roku was up to date and it it and it now has software version 10. Then I restarted it again and then did not fix it. Does anyone have any other suggestions ? Please let me know. Davis

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Remove-Restart-Reinstall gets you a new copy of the latest version of the channel app.  That can help if your installation of the app had gotten corrupted or it was not the latest version.  That can often help with problems, but won't fix an app with innate problems that need to be fixed by its owners, in this case UFC.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
davisjones
Level 9

Thanks I tried that yesterday and it did not work.  Think I might need to reset the whole thing and go through the set up process as I did when I first got it. Thats the only thing left I have not tried. Davis

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

@davisjones wrote:

Thanks I tried that yesterday and it did not work.  Think I might need to reset the whole thing and go through the set up process as I did when I first got it. Thats the only thing left I have not tried. Davis

Have you communicated the problem to UFC?  If there is a coding problem with their channel app for Roku then only they can fix it.  Let them know you're have having this problem under Roku version 10.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
davisjones
Level 9

Thanks the people here in the community and UFC have been more helpful in this matter than anyone at Roku. The only thingI have left to try would be the factory reset. Think it would be a pain but, it appears to be the only thing left I have not tried. Please let me know. Davis 

0 Kudos
davisjones
Level 9

Removed and added UFC multiple times and that never changed anything.  This morning there was a software update for the Roku and that didn't help. I just did the factory reset and that did not help either. Not good. Theres only one channel I want to watch with Roku and I cant watch it. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@davisjones

Thanks for the update.

If you are still experiencing an issue with the channel, we would recommend reaching out to the channel provider for further assistance regarding that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact UFC support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach UFC support here: https://www.ufc.com/faq

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos