Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
in1ear
Level 7

Re: [Private Channel] What's On: Updated/TV Favorites Added

Jump to solution
This is a welcome channel addition! When I cut the satellite/cable the biggest thing I missed was a guide for local OTA broadcasts... THANK YOU
0 Kudos
bexn
Level 7

Jump to solution
Is anyone else having problesm with TV listings? I get an error "No TV Listings found." This was working fine until a couple of days ago. I have it set for OTA listings. Movie listing still work.
Said goodbye to satellite in 2010 in favor of my Rokus, HTPC & OTA. It's the only way to fly! Member of Amazon Prime & DramaFever since 2011, Hulu Plus since 2010 and Netflix since 2009. Less expensive & better quality entertainment!
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Level 7

Jump to solution
"bexn" wrote:
Is anyone else having problesm with TV listings? I get an error "No TV Listings found." This was working fine until a couple of days ago. I have it set for OTA listings. Movie listing still work.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=68527
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
belltown
Level 7

Re: [Private Channel] What's On: TV Listings Working Again!

Jump to solution
I've just released an update to WHATSONCHANNEL that addresses the problems mentioned above. The TV listings should be working again, as should the movie trailers.

I still need to do more extensive testing, but I wanted to release something as soon as possible as the TV listings had become totally unusable as of a few days ago.

Try updating and make sure you're running Version 2.3 or higher. Also, you'll have to re-select your TV provider in the Settings screen and re-enter any favorites as the channel identification information has changed.

Let me know (preferably by PM) if you encounter any more problems.
https://github.com/belltown/
0 Kudos
bexn
Level 7

Jump to solution
"belltown" wrote:
Let me know (preferably by PM) if you encounter any more problems.

Thanks! It's working great now.
Said goodbye to satellite in 2010 in favor of my Rokus, HTPC & OTA. It's the only way to fly! Member of Amazon Prime & DramaFever since 2011, Hulu Plus since 2010 and Netflix since 2009. Less expensive & better quality entertainment!
0 Kudos
stutch13
Level 7

Jump to solution
What I like is the channel logos.. The short description and most valuable after the (cc) is the word NEW.. or not the word NEW.. You just don't know how important that is.. And the videos play in the movie listings.. It's all good damit and hopefully will remain a private channel.. Thank you..
0 Kudos
wingrider
Level 7

Jump to solution
Very useful channel missed it when it went down works great after the latest update. Thanks belltown
0 Kudos
belltown
Level 7

Re: [Pvt Channel] What's On: New Feature - 3-hr TV Grid List

Jump to solution
The latest version of the What's On Channel now features a 3-hour TV listings grid.

Press the "*" key or go to the Settings menu to switch between the new grid format and the single-program format.

Here's what the new format looks like (showing just program titles):

And the single-program format (showing more detailed info):

Don't forget, movie listings and trailers are available for movies theatres in US and Canadian zip/post codes:

Release notes are in the original post
0 Kudos
beq
Level 8

Jump to solution
Thanks to belltown for the major update, much appreciated! And still free, too. It certainly makes the TV listings more convenient to use.

Just curious, was it a lot of work? I assume you had to custom design the grid layout, as opposed to using one of the screen templates?

Other than USTVNow, I wish other Roku channels dealing with live TV (previous Aereo, DishWorld, FilmOn, NimbleTV, Simple.TV, Skitter TV, Tablo, wow, fibersat, dssmedia, chinese, etc) could also provide a 2D program guide (EPG). Are they just waiting for Roku to provide the template?
0 Kudos
belltown
Level 7

Jump to solution
"beq" wrote:
Thanks to belltown for the major update, much appreciated! And still free, too. It certainly makes the TV listings more convenient to use.

Just curious, was it a lot of work? I assume you had to custom design the grid layout, as opposed to using one of the screen templates?

Other than USTVNow, I wish other Roku channels dealing with live TV (previous Aereo, DishWorld, FilmOn, NimbleTV, Simple.TV, Skitter TV, Tablo, etc) could also provide a 2D program guide (EPG). Are they just waiting for Roku to provide the template?

Thanks, beq. Yes, it's a custom layout, an "Image Canvas" to be exact. Not too much work (but that's all relative I suppose). I don't know why other channels do what they do. Sometimes, I'm baffled when I see some of the work (or lack thereof) that goes into some of the "official" channels. Like the 'TV Guide' channel, for example, which doesn't actually contain a TV Guide, just a bunch of random video clips.
0 Kudos