Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cphase
Level 7

Re: [Private Channel] What's On: TV & Movie Listings

Jump to solution

I see other people have posted here with issues for the same app. Why would I need to do something different?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

The WHATSONCHANNEL is a private and non-certified channel on Roku, and as a result Roku does not review or provide support for non-certified channels. If you are experiencing an issue with a private channel, you will need to contact the channel provider/developer for help and support. 

As stated in the Roku Community Guidelines: While Roku encourages third party (private) development, please be aware that we do not support these types of channels. Roku is not responsible or liable for any private, non-certified or unofficial channel, and use of these channels is at your own risk.

For more information regarding private channels on your Roku device, please feel free to visit our support page How do I add a non-certified channel to my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
beat13128
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello don't know if I am doing this right but seen this post. I too cannot access whatsonchannel  it lets me type in zip code and then error on what type of service. forgot the error code it emits.  any help   im not to savvy on computers but if you could email answer [personal information removed] thanks in advance ….

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

@beat13128 wrote:

Hello don't know if I am doing this right but seen this post. I too cannot access whatsonchannel  it lets me type in zip code and then error on what type of service. forgot the error code it emits.  any help   im not to savvy on computers but if you could email answer    thanks in advance ….

It's really not safe to make your email address public like that. You should edit the message to remove it. 

This channel is not offered in the channel store, and is not supported by Roku. If there's nothing listed here that has helped, you need to contact whomever developed the channel for assistance. Since it's an unsupported by Roku channel, they can't offer you any contact information about the developers. They just don't have that information available. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos