Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: [Private Channel] What's On: TV & Movie Listings

Jump to solution
What is the postal code you're using?

G1K3V7

Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
"HeMan" wrote:
What is the postal code you're using?

G1K3V7

Thanks

Try it now.
https://github.com/belltown/
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Yes now it works like it was in the past

Thanks a lot Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution
"belltown" wrote:
The What's On Channel TV listings should now be working again. No need to update the channel on your Roku; all the changes were made on the server-end.

However, you will have to go to the channel's Settings screen and re-enter your TV provider, then re-select any favorites you had previously selected.

Thank you!!!  I love the app!  Now I don't have to use my pc everytime I want to find out what's on.. Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
For the last few months I can see no movie listening. The theater's in the area are display but none display What's On.
Message is

Server Error
Could not find movie-showtimes
Please try again later.

TV Listing are working with no problem.

Thank you for your application, It has been very useful for many years.
Don
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Hello,
Is there a reason/problem why the local movie listings is not working and has not worked for a year or more?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
"ihope" wrote:
Hello,
Is there a reason/problem why the local movie listings is not working and has not worked for a year or more?

Yes. The web site from which the movie listings data is derived (something I have no control over) underwent a major change a year or two ago, which would require a major re-write of the movie listings code. Furthermore, the What's On channel was coded using Roku's legacy SDK. Roku have declared that they are dropping support for the legacy SDK, and that all channels will need to be re-written using the newer SDK. So even if I put in the work to update the movie listings code, the efforts would be futile if the channel ceased to work under the legacy SDK. I just don't have the time or the motivation to re-write the whole channel using the new SDK. The channel was created over 7 years ago, as a hobbyist project to learn Roku development, and for my own personal use in the days before I even owned a smartphone. I no longer use the channel, nor do I even use my Rokus, having switched to using the Amazon Fire TV a couple of years ago. I have no plans to do any further Roku channel development in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience.
https://github.com/belltown/
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
As. Of 07/04/19 this app/ channel don't work here in Tennessee it use to work great now all you can do is set your zip and that's it will not let me set the tv provider or check movies been like this for a while . Wish it was fixed it was must have channel for cord cutters with Roku set top boxes I have tried to set this channel up on different Rokus with different emails with no luck 07/04/19
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Good afternoon, I just purchased a Roku Streaming Stick and trying to get the locals on WhatsOnChannel app but it is giving me an error for 30263:

Unable to decode list of TV providers

v2.6/03

Also tried atlanta zipcodes but getting the same error.

Thanks

Jeff

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Channels such as this are non-certified and are not supported by Roku as they do not go through the channel certification process, and do not appear in our channel store.  

If you need assistance with a private channel, you will need to reach out to the channel publisher directly for more information and assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos