Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: [Private Channel] What's On: TV & Movie Listings

Jump to solution
"axis9313" wrote:
Hello, I performed the system update, but it didn't fix the problem. 

What version number do you see when you run the What's On Channel and go to its Settings screen (the version number is in the top right-hand corner)? If it's not Version 2.6/03, then try doing another system update.
https://github.com/belltown/
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Hmmm, I have a Roku 3. It says version 7.70 build 4103. However, I did another update and a restart for good luck, and now it's working (even though it still says the same version number). Thanks for the tip. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
My 'What's On?' app is working great with the update. I use my local DISH provider and select only my local channels and the Sling TV Orange channels. Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Thanks for getting this fixed!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution
Pluto.tv somehow incorporates antenna channels (must have a roku tv with antenna hooked up) into their app with limited guide data. They don't have any pausing/rewinding features and it's limited to 15 channels that start at the lowest channel number and includes the sub channels - so I only get up to about channel 9.2 before I hit that 15 channel limit. You don't get to pick and choose which channels show as this is only a beta feature at the moment and has been for about a year. You can flip from an antenna channel to a Pluto internet channel within the same app which is nice. I suppose I could play around and see if I hide channels in the normal tv app if they then disappear from the Pluto app. 

It does bother me that Pluto can incorporate a guide for antenna channels within their own app, yet Roku hasn't done this with their own antenna app/channel.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Hello, 
The What's On app has been acting wonky lately (past few weeks). Either you can't get into the channel listings with no message or it displays a message about needing to re-input the zip code and all the settings information. Or it works. 

Any ideas? 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Forgot to mention, the error message says Invalid TV Provider. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
"axis9313" wrote:
Hello, 
The What's On app has been acting wonky lately (past few weeks). Either you can't get into the channel listings with no message or it displays a message about needing to re-input the zip code and all the settings information. Or it works. 

Any ideas? 

No ideas, having the same problem. I can only guess it's a server issue.
Roku Stick: 3800RW
Roku Stick: 3800X
Roku Stick: 3600X (Died)
Roku 1 SE: 2710X (Retired)
Roku 2 XS: 3100X (Retired)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
Sorry for the problems you're having with the TV listings. I'll be away from my computer & Rokus until Wednesday, but I'll take a look at it when I return home.
https://github.com/belltown/
0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution
"belltown" wrote:
Sorry for the problems you're having with the TV listings. I'll be away from my computer & Rokus until Wednesday, but I'll take a look at it when I return home.

:mrgreen:
Roku Stick: 3800RW
Roku Stick: 3800X
Roku Stick: 3600X (Died)
Roku 1 SE: 2710X (Retired)
Roku 2 XS: 3100X (Retired)
0 Kudos