Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMJF
Level 7

Prime video not working.

I have a Sharp Roku TV model LC-24LB601U. On July 5, 2021 I watched Prime Video. Last night, July 6, it quit working. I uninstalled Prime, unplugged the TV, and it's still not working. All the other channels work fine. I can get Prime on my laptop so it's not my subscription. Help please.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
SMJF
Level 7

Re: Prime video not working.

And now (July 7, 2021) and now Netflix isn't working. It was just a couple of minutes ago.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Prime video not working.

Prime Video was experiencing issues yesterday across various platforms.  They apparently released a fix for it through an update. (Mine also would not load, but then resolved after updating).

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Prime-Video-not-working-on-ANY-Roku-device/m-...

You can either update individual channels by highlighting them and pressing the * button , then selecting "Check for Updates" or you can do a manual update of the RokuTV/Roku device (updates the Roku OS and installed channels) by selecting Settings..System..System Update..Check Now

If you experience problems with a channel, recommended procedure is to Remove Channel, perform a System Restart (Settings..System..Power..System Restart), then Reinstall of the Channel.

Normally, though, I just perform the System Update and restart my Roku.  If doesn't work, ususally indicates a problem with the Channel that needs to be addressed to by the Developer of that Channel so I just try again later in the day with the System Update or individual Channel Update procedures above.

If you start to experience problems with all your Channels, then time to restart both your Roku and your router to see if that helps refresh everything.

Post back with any updates or if you need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.

0 Kudos