Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime video App on Uruguay

Jump to solution

Hi all! 

I've recently bought 2 roku premier+ from amazon website , I live in uruguay, and i use fire tv stick on one tv without problem i can watch  prime video, disney+, netflix , etc. 

But when i did roku's setup i can't find disney+ or prime video app on channel's List . 

Disney support gaved mi a "expecial code"  for adding their app to roku channel , using "adding channel with code " on this website.

But no luck with prime video , they said that's it's a roku problem for filtering apps depending on wich globe location you're located. 

Sadly i can't find a Help chat here at roku, everything goes to "the comunity"

Please comunity can you help me?

Best regards!

Take care , MG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Prime video App on Uruguay

Jump to solution

Hello @MarceloG-UY

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion.

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @MarceloG-UY

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion.

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi , thanks for the reply 

I talked with prime video's support , and they had told me that there is no restrictions for Uruguay, and that's true i can watch prime video in my pc browser and in my fire tv stick without problem. 

But in roku i can't even install the channel , i have friends in argentina , their roku has the prime video channel installed, and they have de posibilitie to add or remove that channel , Uruguay and argentina are 40km far , crossing the river plate , so , we are not so far away. 

I think that  is a geo restriction based on roku politics , and only you people can fix that. 

Thanks Marcelo

Rodrigo_Uruguay
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same problem here. Trying to install Prime App, add it through channels list in browser (same with HBO MAX), and there is no way i can get it working.

HBO MAX support advice is to ask ROKU to add the channel since its already available in Uruguay.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Rodrigo_Uruguay

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Channel availability on the Roku platform is determined by each channel provider themselves. Channels are only available in the locations where they choose to publish their channel (app). We don't currently market or sell devices directly in your region, so many channels/services may not currently be available. However, others such as YouTube and Netflix work in many locations.

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. We appreciate your contact, and we are always looking to expand our presence.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Rodrigo_Uruguay
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply Karla. The thing is, hbo max, apple, amazon, etc. do sell their streams in Uruguay. You can watch those services using a browser or directly with an app. Android TV or any smart tv. Its not a problem of those channels not being available in Uruguay.

I've contacted those services support and all say the same: we sell our product in Uruguay but Roku is not enabling them in their channel list for an unknown reason.

So.. i think the (maybe small but existent nevertheless) community of uruguayan users of Roku would really appreciate is that you could give us a timeframe of enabling those channels here or some link we could check to see the progress or something other than to be writing each month asking. Please? 🙂

0 Kudos
Marchelouy

Jump to solution

Hi watch this video

It works for me

https://youtu.be/ex7kEJqXv7s

Bye!

0 Kudos
Rodrigo_Uruguay
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

(cross post) Don't know if its related to our continuous complaints and questions here and in the streaming services that weren't in the list of channels of Roku in Uruguay but... from today on, HBO MAX as well as AMAZON and APPLE are available in the channel list.

Maybe we ll never know, but i prefer to think it was a small victory of us 🙂

Regards and thank you.

0 Kudos