Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Prime continues signing out/reactivate constantly

I have 5 Rokus.  Only two are having issues.  Both are Roku Ultras.  My other three are older and not having issues.  Just a fun fact, not really proof of anything.  I tried a factory reset on one of my 2 Roku Ultras just to see if it made any difference with the Amazon Prime channel.  It did not.  Still got logged out of Amazon after one day and had to log back in. Even got logged out twice in one day a few days later.  I am convinced (as a few other posters have said) that this is an Amazon issue and they need to push out a channel update. 

Highlighted
Level 10

Mikek3.. do you have all your rokus powered up all the time?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No, but my other channels don’t sign out still.

Highlighted
Level 7

FYI - I did a factory reset.  Removed all my accounts from amazon.  Restarted and added my apps back to the Roku.  2 days later I'm back to daily registration.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the updates.

If you already tried removing the channel, restarting the device, then adding the channel back and are still experiencing an issue with having to reactivate the Amazon Prime channel, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku model number
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS version 
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-channel version (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when the issue occurs (this is generated by pressing the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-when did you start seeing this issue occur? how often do you experience the issue after reinstalling the channel?

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

-Roku model number: 3900EU
-serial number: YG0011204122
-device ID: E637A1204122
-software OS version: 9.3.0 build 4170-51
-channel version: 11.4 build 2020060412 
-tracker ID when the issue occurs (not happening at this minute)
-when did you start seeing this issue occur? 2 weeks ago

I did speak with amazon technical support and was told their engineers were working on a fix although I am still having the same problem.

I am going to turn off bandwidth saver, and leave the Roku on the prime video channel and see if that is a temporary work-around. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

In my opinion this will be a waste of time. I do not have a Roku. I have a Samsung TV. I am having the same problem. I called Samsung and they said that I had to speak to Amazon. The released a new app and I know that because before this I would never have to sign on and I never got a screen that asked me to select the user. We have only one user anyway. So the new app gives you the ability to set up multiple users. But it looks like the new app somehow requires you to log in every time you start up Prime Video the first time each day. It has nothing to with with Roku, Fire Stick or Samsung.

Just trying to help you avoid having 10,000 Roku users waste their time.

Highlighted
Level 8

Kestrelle,

How did you reach Amazon? Do you have a phone number?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I have five Rokus.  Only two of my Rokus are powered on all of the time.  Three are not.  One Ultra stays on all the time, the other Ultra does not.  Both Ultras have problems with "constantly signing out" of Amazon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

0 Kudos