Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Prime continues signing out/reactivate constantly

I already posted earlier but it was lengthy so I wanted to try asking again:

- Has anyone tried a factory reset?  The Amazon rep wanted me to do that but I'm hesitant because I don't know what the repercussions are of doing so.

- Does anyone know what the repercussions of a factory reset are?

Further, I'd like to add:

- I'm planning on cancelling Amazon Prime if they don't have a fix by the time I am done with my current series, which probably means paying for no more than 30 more days.  I'm going to make it VERY clear to them why I'm cancelling.  My suggestion is for more than one person to make this same threat.  Nothing like loss of money to motivate greedy corporations.  That said, I do enjoy their content and would prefer to keep it for longer so I hope they are actually working on a fix and it isn't just the rep's lying about them working on a fix (over the years on various issues I've dealt with many good, honest reps but also unfortunately some that are just trying to get me to go away, and will say whatever they can to do so).

- For some new posters who have said it may be internet connection, hacking, etc.: It is almost certainly a bug in their software, either on the client or server side.  If it is on the client side, that's just one more reason I loath automatic updates; it was working perfectly fine just a few months ago.  These companies don't understand the concept of "if it isn't broken, don't fix it".  Or possibly they are breaking things intentionally as part of planned obsolescence, maybe trying to force people to use their own brand of hardware.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Prime continues signing out/reactivate constantly-fixed?

This morning I did not have to sign in again. Maybe they fixed it over night?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I agree.  i have the same problem with my Roku Ultra, yet on an older Roku, in the same house, I have no such problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Prime continues signing out/reactivate constantly-fixed?.....no it isn’t

1. Thought it was fixed, but just went back and had to sign in again.  Always the same, some techie trying to justify his job, takes an app that is working fine and screws it up. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I won't do a 'factory reset' as I think that is crazy and unnecessary.

What I DID do-

a.) UpDATED my Roku to be sure it was the latest

b.) As suggested in another post, I deleted the Amazon app, re-started my Roku. Then I re-installed the Amazon app. It worked!

BUT ONLY FOR ONE DAY DID IT WORK

After that, I'm right back to where it was, logging in every time. But, not for much longer...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Amazon Prime Video directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Amazon Prime Video channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Same thing on Firestick

The same thing is happening on my Firestick. Like my Roku Ultra. Have noticed one thing. My Ultra stays powered-up all the time. My Roku Express, on the other hand, is powered through the TV USB port and powers down whenI cut off the TV. Have to check for sure, but I don’t think its loosing the Amazon login.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem with Prime, I will watch shows, movies, etc

Go to another app, come back and I have to logon. This keeps happening. 

What's going on?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

My Roku TV just started doing this a few days ago. I wouldn't do a factory reset. Give them some time to work on it. I know it's a pain, but technology isn't perfect. If you do a factory reset you will lose all of the channels you have saved. However, on apps such as prime, Hulu, Netflix, etc. Any of your lists should still be there since they are associated with those individual accounts and not the Roku itself.
@ag87b wrote:

I already posted earlier but it was lengthy so I wanted to try asking again:

- Has anyone tried a factory reset?  The Amazon rep wanted me to do that but I'm hesitant because I don't know what the repercussions are of doing so.

- Does anyone know what the repercussions of a factory reset are?

Further, I'd like to add:

- I'm planning on cancelling Amazon Prime if they don't have a fix by the time I am done with my current series, which probably means paying for no more than 30 more days.  I'm going to make it VERY clear to them why I'm cancelling.  My suggestion is for more than one person to make this same threat.  Nothing like loss of money to motivate greedy corporations.  That said, I do enjoy their content and would prefer to keep it for longer so I hope they are actually working on a fix and it isn't just the rep's lying about them working on a fix (over the years on various issues I've dealt with many good, honest reps but also unfortunately some that are just trying to get me to go away, and will say whatever they can to do so).

- For some new posters who have said it may be internet connection, hacking, etc.: It is almost certainly a bug in their software, either on the client or server side.  If it is on the client side, that's just one more reason I loath automatic updates; it was working perfectly fine just a few months ago.  These companies don't understand the concept of "if it isn't broken, don't fix it".  Or possibly they are breaking things intentionally as part of planned obsolescence, maybe trying to force people to use their own brand of hardware.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Is there a phone number to call for Amazon Video support? The general HELP screen they have is useless and could only have been designed by a CEO or CFO, no one who uses a computer or software could have not allowed you to describe exactly what the issue is. It's incredible for a technology company to not think about their apps failing.

0 Kudos