Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Prime continues signing out/reactivate constantly

I have two Roku Ultras. This logout issue just started this past week   Clueless here. It’s only affecting Amazon Prime tv. 

Highlighted
Level 7

I followed the instruction exactly 2 times and it is still doing It to me also 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’ll just add my exact same issue to the long list here. Roku Ultra, amazon prime forcing me to reregister all the time...started when the new UI was introduced in the amazon prime channel app. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Yup, started here around July 4th 2020. Definitely another case of corporations that we pay high dollar to for service doing jacksh*t to fix their tech issues. Perhaps eventually Roku or Amazon will admit to being hacked, but probably not....in the meantime I am sure they are trying to repair this cyber-viral hiccup impacting us all as the problem is clearly growing. I wouldn’t listen to Basil either. This is clearly an corporate IT issue and not a individual account or equipment issue ...which corporation is impacting our viewing comfort is the question.  In the meantime, they’ll surely be charging us our monthly rates regardless of this addeed personal inconvenience for their high cost of services with no compensation. After all our free labor while they remain inaccessible to our needs, which we pay for, is just part of it all. Welcome to the 21st Century Cyber Plantation where people in Tech, like Basil, really have no idea of what the issue is at all, but cannot admit it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I've been experiencing the same issues as of the past few days. I've gone these steps that you've posted and it didnt change anything. I come home from work the next day and I'm signed out again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I followed the following steps and it seems to have resolved mine, hasn't logged me out  most of yesterday and all day today.

Remove the app.

Reboot the Roku. 

On your Web browser, log in to Amazon. 

Go to "https://www.amazon.com/mytv"

Click on Settings (above and right of Register A Device.

Scroll down to the list of devices. Remove all Roku devices that may apply.

On your Roku, add the Amazon app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Past week sign-in issues Amazon Prime

I have the same problem. What has happened causing me have to keep signing on to Amazon Prime? How to fix it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Past week sign-in issues Amazon Prime

Same for me it seems... No problems for months and suddenly over the last couple of weeks I'm forced to sign into Amazon Prime again and re-register Roku Ultra using a new code.  Then works for a while day or so then repeats. No other channels are behaving in this manner.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Prime video password required to change apps

Everytime I try to use a different roku app, I have to login to prime video for permission. I've had my roku tv for years and never had this issue. I've checked settings on the tv, roku account, and prime video but don't see this anywhere. Everytime I want to use an app like Disney or Netflix, I have to login to my prime video for it to work. It makes no sense!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Prime video password required to change apps

There has been a few other reports of the Amazon channel suddenly doing this. It seems to match a recent channel update that Amazon released, so hopefully they'll get it fixed quickly. When I first heard of this happening, I tried Prime on three different Rokus in my home, including just now with my Ultra 4670, and haven't seen a problem. It might be a geographical issue as well, as Amazon will use servers located across the globe to feed different places. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos