Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Prime continues signing out/reactivate constantly

Can confirm also happening to me randomly in the past 2 days - have changed nothing at my end

Highlighted
Level 7

I can confirm that only my Ultra does it also out all of my devices.  It appears to be an Ultra issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I sincerely believe this to be an Amazon issue and not related to Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Amazon are aware of the issue and working on a fix. Meanwhile, power cycle the TV/Roku/WiFi for a temporary workaround

Highlighted

Soundbar received the Prime upgrade yesterday...not sure yet if the Amazon issue will affect it. Someone else stated Amazon is working on a fix, so hopefully this will soon be resolved.

Not if Prime would only provide some options for sorting and grouping purchases...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have been using Rokus and Amazon Prime since they were launched many years ago. We are now using a Roku Ultra. Just this week Amazon is requiring me to register and re-register the device (the Roku) every day. Reading through this thread it is clear I am not the only one with this problem, which seems to stem from an update by Amazon.  I am awaiting a remedy from Roku — or from Amazon.

Highlighted
Level 7

I have a Roku Ultra and am also having this enraging problem of having to frequently re-enter my information to get into the Amazon video app.  When it does this has been inconsistent.  There seems to be no pattern: It has been over a week apart or less than a day, although has been particularly bad the last several days.  I have 2 Roku's, a very old model tied to a separate email address (so it can have different apps on it) and this new one that I think was a 2018 model if I remember correctly and is tied to this account.

I contacted Amazon multiple times complaining that this was clearly a bug on their side.  The first time I was told before it would be submitted as a bug I had to at least try powering the device on and off (unplug it, which was very inconvenient given where it is plugged in).  When I finally got around to it, it did not help, as I had suspected.  I also tried uninstalling the app, a soft reboot (the option in the settings), and reinstalling.  That did not help.

On the latest call, when I told him it appeared to me to be a bug in their app or server based on my experience as a software engineer , the rep told me that I was the only one having this problem so it couldn't possibly be a bug or other people would have also complained about it, which is blatantly untrue; others here ARE having the same problem.  He also tried to blame the Roku and said to contact the "dealer" (I bought it from Amazon!  But maybe by "dealer" he meant contact Roku support - ?).  That said, he did continue to try to help and asked me to do a factory reset.

Before I do so, since it is clear he had no idea what he was talking about (after all, I am NOT the only one having this problem), I have to ask: What are the repercussions of a factory reset?  I imagine I'll have to set something up again, right?  I would think that I would NOT have to set anything up on my account again, right?  (I'd hate to lose the connection between my roku and that email address given my past battles over such things with various other web sites.)  If it is a hassle, is there a chance it will help?

An earlier post says that Amazon indicated to the poster that they know it is a bug and are working on a fix.  If they were being honest with the person who posted that, then a factory reset probably would not help.  But if it isn't a big deal, I may as well try it in case Amazon was lying about working on a fix.

Someone else in a much earlier post said that this is a general problem with multiple apps, but I also use a few others and haven't seen this problem with any of them.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have this issue too. Started yesterday on a roku ultra we use everyday. Had to Sign in yesterday and today. 

Highlighted
Level 8

I'll give that a shot!  This just started happening after the re-design of the app got installed.  It also won't let me exit out of Prime, I have to hit the Home.

Coop

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

It's doing it on both my Rokus-different models. 

The thing is, I was logged out of Disney as well, so I'm seriously puzzled.