Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Prime continues signing out/reactivate constantly

Roku Stick. 9/28/19. Prime just today is now dropping out to the Roku home screen every 20 - 30 minutes. Obviously there is no answer this is just to document another case. Basil, don't bother replying since you seem to think everyone is just making this up just to annoy you.
Highlighted
Level 7

Confirming that I see the same result -- not hourly like some people, but still way more often than is reasonable.

Highlighted
Level 10

Basil wrote:

"Mine works. Yours doesn't. One of us must be doing something wrong."

Having been in tech support long enough I can clearly say this. That isn't how technology works. You can do everything right with tech and still have it screw up. Not to mention that Roku OS is staggered to support multiple technologies so it could be the version of the OS they have isn't as compatible with the channel as yours is. 

Before you try to correct me I'll just say this, we have 4 different kinds of Roku devices here and sometimes 1 of them does stuff the others do not do. That is how tech works.

Highlighted
Level 7

This is not a single channel problem. Read the forms. Just plug in any channel for Amazon. The Roku techs just try to answer the problems based on the individual channel and down the rabbithole you go never really fixing the problem. Its a global channel activation problem based on the channels concern over a few hackers getting free service. They inconvience their paid user just so they can catch a few abusing the system and roku is powerless to do anything about it. Thats the honest answer the techs should give. Heres how the conversation should go.
Me - Why do I have to keep reactivating all channels that require activation so frequently, like every other week.
Roku - Which channel is it?
Me - All of the channels that require activation. Amazon, HBO, CBS, Direct TV, .......on and on.....
Roku - Well these channels are so concerned about a few people getting to see their content for free they constantly send deactivation signals (sic).
Me- Dont they care about the inconvience to their paying customers
Roku - No, and they could give a **bleep** about roku they have us held hostage so we are powerless to stop it and protect our customers.
Me - If you continue to bow down to them wont they eventually get together and either bypass you or create an channel aggreate system themselves and eliminate the need for Roku?
Roku - What? I dont see an answer for that in my FAQ guide. What was the questionm
Me - Nevermind
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku ultra keeps logging out on prime video then have to do the amazon.com/mytv. Very frustrating. About time to get rid of prime and go back to regular tv. Have not been able to find any answers on this. Last few weeks this has been a problem.

Highlighted
Level 7

My TCL Roku TV has just started doing this outta the blue after 2years of no problems. And it seems to only be deactivating Prime not any other channels.  Like once a day now.  Very frustrating indeed.  As you lose all your saved watchlist and watch history.

Highlighted
Level 7

This is also suddenly (in the last week) happening on the TCL Roku TV in my living room as well as my Roku Premier in my bedroom. I have not noticed it happening with any other app on either device, just Prime Video. It's extremely frustrating having to re-register the same devices over and over. I plan on trying to up deactivate and re-register all apps and devices. I will

Highlighted
Level 8

Same issue for me on 2 different Roku's.  I noticed this started happening right after Amazon changed their viewing control interface.

Highlighted
Level 7

Same here but only on my Ultra Roku. My cheaper model in a different room (same account for both) is not experiencing the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Using a Roku 3600 updated with the latest firmware, my problem with Prime Video began two days ago, when I noticed Amazon had changed the interface of the PV search engine. The app still functions, although command response is a bit slower, but when I try to exit the app it does not acknowledge the command at all. The only way to force an exit is by unplugging Roku and restarting. I have tried the solutions suggested. Nothing works.