Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jakomany
Level 7

Prime continues signing out/reactivate constantly

Why is Amazon Prime suddenly always signing out on Roku? Tired of reactivating 3 times a day. Real answers please and don't tell me I need a different brand, that's the only answer uncreative people give in every other forum.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Prime continues signing out/reactivate constantly

It’s not doing it for me. It’s not doing it for most people. So, let’s figure out what’s going on on your end.

Could be something on your Roku, could be something at Amazon. Could be both. Could be something else. Perhaps some extensive troubleshooting might help narrow down the cause. Or, we could apply a massive re-do that would handle most causes. That’s what I’m going to describe. This is the order. Don’t skip any steps.

On you Roku, sign out of Amazon, if you are signed in.

Remove the app.

Reboot the Roku. 

On your Web browser, log in to Amazon. 

Go to https://www.amazon.com/mytv 

Click on Settings (above and right of Register A Device.

Scroll down to the list of devices. Remove all Roku devices that may apply.

On your Roku, add the Amazon app.

Launch and follow the instructions.

You should be good to go. You have cleared the Amazon data. You have cleared the Roku data. You have reconnected.

See what happens next.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Jakomany
Level 7

Removed the app, rebooted and reinstalled. So far so good. Will keep you posted. Thanks!

"Basil" wrote:
It’s not doing it for me. It’s not doing it for most people. So, let’s figure out what’s going on on your end.

Could be something on your Roku, could be something at Amazon. Could be both. Could be something else. Perhaps some extensive troubleshooting might help narrow down the cause. Or, we could apply a massive re-do that would handle most causes. That’s what I’m going to describe. This is the order. Don’t skip any steps.

Remove the app.

Reboot the Roku. 

You should be good to go. You have cleared the Amazon data. You have cleared the Roku data. You have reconnected.

See what happens next.
0 Kudos
Jakomany
Level 7

Still the same. Tried several times in different orders and still logs out after 6 hours or so. Even added payment method thinking might help but no avail. Any other suggestions?

"Basil" wrote:

Remove the app.

Reboot the Roku. 

See what happens next.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

You said “different orders.” Don’t do that. The order listed was for a specific reason. Do what was suggested, as it was suggested. If anywhere along the way you encounter an issue, stop (continuing would be an “out of order” situation) and report what happened and where. If you followed all the instructions as listed, and got the expected result at all steps prior to the end, state that. Let us know what happens, and where things go wrong.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
Jakomany
Level 7

By mentioning "different order" implies that I tried the original order first. Yes tried evey order and nothing. But will continue trying. It only happens on one of my Rokus so it is probably an issue with the one Roku. Thanks!

"Basil" wrote:
You said “different orders.” Don’t do that. The order listed was for a specific reason. Do what was suggested, as it was suggested. If anywhere along the way you encounter an issue, stop (continuing would be an “out of order” situation) and report what happened and where. If you followed all the instructions as listed, and got the expected result at all steps prior to the end, state that. Let us know what happens, and where things go wrong.
0 Kudos
tuna33
Level 7

I had a problem during my Sling TV trial where the selected program abruptly ended and I got a screensaver-like screen with just a floating "Sling TV" logo on it.  My reception on this TV/Roku Stick, I found, was Poor.  Once I got a Good signal strength, all was well.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"Jakomany" wrote:
By mentioning "different order" implies that I tried the original order first. Yes tried evey order and nothing. But will continue trying. It only happens on one of my Rokus so it is probably an issue with the one Roku. Thanks!

"Basil" wrote:

That's the thing about troubleshooting. If you don't explicitly say you did one thing, but did explicitly say you did something else, I would be remiss in assuming you did the former.

If it's working on the other Roku devices then, yes, it seems like something about that device. Most often, it would on-device content issues, such as bad/corrupt data. The remove/reboot/reinstall usually fixes that, but, as has been mentioned, only in that order. I'd hate to suggest a full factory reset. If you do go down that road, though, remove it from your Roku account and re-add it when you set it up again.

One other thing we haven't tried, or that isn't mentioned so I'm not going to assume it has been tried: as part of the remove/reboot/reinstall the app, also log in to Amazon on your Web browser and remove the device from your Amazon account: https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/settings/#aiv-settings-devices

Do that, then remove/reboot/reinstall.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos

I can confirm that I am having the same issue, I have two different Roku's they are both different models and each has a different prime video account associated to it (one prime account mine and one prime account my kids) both Roku's auto logged out the same day, I had to go through and remove the amazon prime video app's on both and reinstall then reactivate using Amazon.com/mytv, its only been about 4 hours since and nothing negative happening yet, I will add an update in the next day or so. "Basil" seems like a pud trying to nit pick Jakomany about "Order" when he clearly said he tried the "Correct" order first with no success THEN tried a different order. I would suspect the issue is ether (A) on amazons server end or (B) a network issue of some sort considering my two different Roku's models on two different amazon accounts deactivated the same day.... 
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"skynetsystems" wrote:
"Basil" seems like a pud trying to nit pick Jakomany about "Order" when he clearly said he tried the "Correct" order first with no success THEN tried a different order. ... 

Basil is my real name. It's on my birth certificate. I'm not hiding from anything or behind anything, much less some made up name like Sky Net Systems that's from a movie that's probably older than you are. Who's a pud now, pud?

And, to the point addressed in the other posts, doing that process in any other order is useless. I emphasized then and emphasize now that the only order that would be correct is the one given. You may wish to disagree with that, but do so at your peril. Roku says that's the way to do it. Actual tests confirm that is the way to do it. Any other is a waste of time. When you have issues, you don't want to waste time, you want to resolve issues.
"skynetsystems" wrote:
...P.S. BASIL IS A PUD!!! HAHA 

"skynetsystems" wrote:
I can confirm that I am having the same issue, ... 

Mine works. Yours doesn't. One of us must be doing something wrong.

Now, if you want to focus on the issue and trying to determine a solution...
"skynetsystems" wrote:
I can confirm that I am having the same issue, I have two different Roku's they are both different models and each has a different prime video account associated to it (one prime account mine and one prime account my kids) both Roku's auto logged out the same day, I had to go through and remove the amazon prime video app's on both and reinstall then reactivate using Amazon.com/mytv, its only been about 4 hours since and nothing negative happening yet, I will add an update in the next day or so.
I would suspect the issue is ether (A) on amazons server end or (B) a network issue of some sort considering my two different Roku's models on two different amazon accounts deactivated the same day.... 

That is a possibility, but if it's a server issue, it would likely affect a larger group. Are those Prime accounts two totally separate accounts? That is, you have two paying subscriptions? Not a Household account with separate profiles? If they are truly separate accounts, billed separately at full price, then that would truly be an example of officially unrelated accounts having the same issue. If they're Household accounts, then it's not quite the same thing, and would be more isolated.

If you want to work an issue, I and others will help. If you want to be a *******, fine, but you'll get less help. However you want to proceed.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos