Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Prime and Netflix not working

We have a Roku Express and have not been able to play any titles from Netflix or Amazon Prime apps. We have tried uninstalling and restarting and reinstalling and that did not work. We can open the apps and browse, but when we try to play anything it goes straight back to the home screen. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Prime and Netflix not working

Have you found a solution to this yet? We are having the same problem with a brand new Roku Express. Our older Roku didn't have this problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have same issue. Has anyone gotten a fix yet?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@auntbea 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channels from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channels back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I tried this an it is still not working.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ekel 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@auntbea  having same issues. None of these techniques have worked

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R 

i have spent time on the phone with Netflix. None of their art pops up when Netflix loads. All I can see is text. On amazon we can see everything but when you select something to watch it will not load. Really weird. Just started today. Netflix will load a selection, even though you don’t know what it is, to 25%

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just FYI I hadn’t paid my bill. I feel like an idiot but that’s what it was just for anyone that maybe was in my same boat. Ton of things going on and had an extra large bill. Was needing to call them and try to get it reduced and instead it was enlarged because I forgot about it. Anyways, check and make sure you’ve paid your internet provider😂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Has this been solved??? I now can't get Netflix and Prime to play videos.  My profiles are on both but nothing plays!! Other apps still work on Roku including YouTube as well as news channels....

0 Kudos