Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EffieT43
Level 7

Prime and Netflix app goes back to the home screen

I am having the same issue.  My Prime works on my DS television but I got a new TV for the bedroom US and when I select the Prime app it starts to load then goes back to the home screen.  It does the same thing with my Netflix app.  

2 REPLIES 2\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Prime and Netflix app goes back to the home screen

Hi @EffieT43

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Prime and Netflix app goes back to the home screen

@EffieT43 

You didnt mention your Roku model # and firmware version: Settings/System/About

Known solutions/workarounds for apps not loading/closing to Home:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System updates/Check now - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

4) Remove SD card (if installed) - try again

5) Remove app, RESTART ROKU: Settings/System/System restart/Restart, Add app - try again

6) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

7) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

8) Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

NOTE for #5: Do not remove the YouTube TV or Spectrum app - you will not get the app back until the end of the dispute

0 Kudos