Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EffieT43

Prime and Netflix app goes back to the home screen

I am having the same issue.  My Prime works on my DS television but I got a new TV for the bedroom US and when I select the Prime app it starts to load then goes back to the home screen.  It does the same thing with my Netflix app.  

4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Prime and Netflix app goes back to the home screen

Hi @EffieT43

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@EffieT43 

You didnt mention your Roku model # and firmware version: Settings/System/About

Known solutions/workarounds for apps not loading/closing to Home:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System updates/Check now - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

4) Remove SD card (if installed) - try again

5) Remove app, RESTART ROKU: Settings/System/System restart/Restart, Add app - try again

6) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

7) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

😎 Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

NOTE for #5: Do not remove the YouTube TV or Spectrum app - you will not get the app back until the end of the dispute

0 Kudos
DepDeacon

I did all of the recommendations and still not working, the rental starts playing, then goes back to the home screen, I pick Prime again, it starts up with no issue and then closes down, tried forwarding through and it worked for about 15 seconds and then again returns to home screen

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @DepDeacon

We're sorry to hear about the trouble. 

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can reach them here: Prime Video Support

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos