Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Prime Video

Is prime video worth getting do you get the show P Ryan with prime video and how many movies do you get to watch with it without having to pay for some. Because there is some TV shows and movies when i go to the gudie it shows most of them on Prime Video and a lot of John Wayne movies.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Prime Video

All of Amazon's originals are available through Prime, so that includes the Jack Ryan series. The last I remember, there was something like 20,000 movies and television shows available on Prime, but you could probably Google to get a more up-to-date answer.

I use Prime shipping all of the time for my business, so continuing to subscribe is a no-brainer for me, but everything depends on your use and what you're interested in. I know someone that prefers to subscribe to other channels and packages through Prime because they make cancelling so simple, but I've never done any of that.

Since it sounds like there's a lot of content available via Prime that you're interested in, I'd certainly go for it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Prime Video

Prime Video offers a very large amount of content free for Prime members. But there is certainly a lot that requires an additional payment (either a rental or purchase). As @hornakapopolis mentioned, all of their original content is included with Prime membership. Since we mainly signed up for Amazon Prime for the free shipping, I look on the video streaming as an additional side benefit. 

Unless you have a very specific title in mind that isn't included for free under Prime, you'll more than likely find plenty of content to watch without additional charge. When I just did a quick search on Amazon's web page for John Wayne under Prime Video, dozens of titles appeared, the vast majority free with Prime membership.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos