Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eewoz
Level 7

Prime Video

Jump to solution

I just got an email from Amazon saying that Prime Video will no longer work with Roku.  Is Roku going address this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Prime Video

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out. To clarify, Amazon is not ending support for Amazon Prime Video on Roku.

They may be ending their channel support on Roku legacy devices which no longer receive Roku OS updates (such as Roku SD and Roku XR). You'll want to contact Amazon directly to confirm the email you received, and specific details about the model of device they were referring to. 

If you'd like to send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and the serial number of your Roku Streaming Player, I'd be happy to get you in touch with our support team to see if we have any additional options to help. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out. To clarify, Amazon is not ending support for Amazon Prime Video on Roku.

They may be ending their channel support on Roku legacy devices which no longer receive Roku OS updates (such as Roku SD and Roku XR). You'll want to contact Amazon directly to confirm the email you received, and specific details about the model of device they were referring to. 

If you'd like to send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and the serial number of your Roku Streaming Player, I'd be happy to get you in touch with our support team to see if we have any additional options to help. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
eewoz
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.  The email from Amazon did mention Roku XR as being a device that they would no longer support.  They provided a link to a webpage that lists all supported devices.  That webpage did not list any Roku devices as being supported which made me think that no Roku devices would work.  But as it turns out Prime Video is still working fine with my Premiere+, so all is well.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
skyblueflu
Level 7

Re: Prime Video failing to load

Jump to solution

Hi,

My Prime Video just now began failing to load. I tried everything and it will not load. Worked fine yesterday. It says everything is up to date. What can I do? Help! Do I need to buy a new one? I saw someone with the latest Ultra had the same problem. 

Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael

0 Kudos
DubLVision
Level 7

Jump to solution
Mine just came back within the last 15 minutes...not sure if they had to roll out anything or not so you may wanna try again or see if there was an update to grab if it still isn't workin.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Jump to solution

The problem was on the Amazon side, and it has been resolved. All of my boxes are again working. I did not have to check for an update, or reboot the Roku. It just began working after Amazon resolved whatever was happening at their servers. 

You don't need to buy a new box. Smiley Happy

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos