Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FM4
Reel Rookie

Prime Video won't load on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

I cannot get Amazon Prime Video to load, it just bounces back to the home screen.  This is a recent issue, in the last three day. I have taken all the steps suggested, removing the app, system restart, reinstalling, etc., and nothing. This seems to be the only channel that I regularly watch, that this is happening with. I have checked for updates, etc.  Roku seems only interested if its happening on multiple channels. Any other advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Prime Video won't load on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

@FM4 

That is unexpected. You've done the standard steps: 1) remove the app, restart the Roku, 3) reinstall the app.

Since it's a Roku TV, I gotta ask, just to ensure step 2 was done correctly:
Settings > System > Power > System Restart > Restart

If you just turned the TV off, that's not sufficient.

Now if you did step 2 as suggested, and the issue remains, try removing the app, then restarting the Roku TV, then instead of reinstall the app via the Roku, go to https://channelstore.roku.com/ and log in. Then find the Prime Video app there.

Does it show up? If so, will it let you add it that way?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@FM4 

That is unexpected. You've done the standard steps: 1) remove the app, restart the Roku, 3) reinstall the app.

Since it's a Roku TV, I gotta ask, just to ensure step 2 was done correctly:
Settings > System > Power > System Restart > Restart

If you just turned the TV off, that's not sufficient.

Now if you did step 2 as suggested, and the issue remains, try removing the app, then restarting the Roku TV, then instead of reinstall the app via the Roku, go to https://channelstore.roku.com/ and log in. Then find the Prime Video app there.

Does it show up? If so, will it let you add it that way?

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

FM4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the response. And yes, I did do the system restart through Settings, exactly as you described. As I was typing this, I was following your second suggestion, to go through the store, and it worked!  Thank you for the help, I never would have thought of that!

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@FM4 wrote:

As I was typing this, I was following your second suggestion, to go through the store, and it worked!  Thank you for the help, I never would have thought of that!

Wow! Me either.  I'll have to add this to my bag of tricks.  Thanks, @DBDukes !

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@makaiguy  @DBDukes 

Yes, its an interesting solution - makes me wonder if not being logged into Roku.com (or with a different account) causes some app loading issues.

0 Kudos
El-Roque

Jump to solution

Hello. I have the 65 inch TCL Roku. Amazon prime will not play movies. I have followed all the steps outlined in this thread but the app will still not play. The previews play in Prime but not the full movie. I get the error message, “something went wrong. Please try again later.” I have also tried playing Prime movies on my Ipad, which works, so my Gigabit internet connection is not the issue  Oddly, enough movies I have purchased before no longer play either. Appreciate the help. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @El-Roque,

Thanks for your post. 

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions above by @DBDukes (remove channel > restart properly the Roku TV > add channel back), videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You may contact them here: Prime Video Support

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
TEEZAH

Jump to solution

Restarting it from the menu worked..I just went through the the same issue, but it happened on ALL my movie apps..would not load properly..stopped at 59% or 99%. Spent days trying to reconfigure the internet, suspecting that was the problem source.

Thank you for posting this fix!

0 Kudos