Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shichi
Level 7

Prime Video over 50Mbps capacity and 802.11ac: Buffering since 9/2020

Around the 9/2020 when I switched from 100Mbps to 25 with my ISP, every Prime program displays the spinning circle for five seconds before starting. Nothing else has changed since 9/2020 to cause this delay in program start. No other channels have ever presented this problem. Yesterday, my capacity increased to 50Mbps with no improvement in this latency. I have confirmed that my d/l capacity is now 50. 

Are there others with this spinning circle syndrome?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: Prime Video over 50Mbps capacity and 802.11ac: Buffering since 9/2020

No issues here. I've had no trouble with my Comcast/Xfinity 25 mbps service (they upgraded this week to 50 mbps). The timing may be coincidental.

1. Remove the app.
  2. Reboot the Roku device.
  3. Reinstall the app.

All three steps, in that order. Does that resolve it?

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Shichi
Level 7

Re: Prime Video over 50Mbps capacity and 802.11ac: Buffering since 9/2020

Thank you for commenting, DBDuke. Unfortunately, that didn't resolve the problem. I'm going to try streaming over Ethernet to see if this is a problem with my WRT1900ACS.

0 Kudos