Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Number1gmb
Level 8

Prime Video not working on ANY Roku device

Jump to solution

I have multiple Roku devices and a Roku TV.  Today, I am unable to get the Prime Video app to work on any of them.  I have deleted the app, restarted the device, and added the app back.  I have cleared the cache, I have used the Factory reset.  Nothing is working.  Network signal strength is good/excellent on all devices.  Prime account is active and I can access/use the app directly on Samsung smart tv, but not on Roku device attached to any tv's (including the Samsung smart tv.)  No error messages - just starts, blinks, and then hangs up on Prime Video page without going further.  Unable to sign out/back into Prime as I can't get to Prime Video settings in Roku.

Since the account is active and the app works on other non Roku devices, this appears to me to be an issue with Roku.  What is the resolution to getting this app/channel to work in Roku?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Amazon Prime Video crashes back to home screen

Jump to solution

They've apparently released a fix.

Highlight the Prime Video app on your Roku channel grid.

Press the * button on your Roku remote, then click on Check for updates.

Mine updated and now works again. Interestingly, the version number shown via the * options button did not change, still:
Version 12.0 - build 2021070213

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57\
Number1gmb
Level 8

Re: Prime Video not working on ANY Roku device

Jump to solution

SOLVED: Was able to resolve the issue (for me and on all devices) by rebooting my modem.  Hope this helps others.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: Prime Video not working on ANY Roku device

Jump to solution
Thanks for reporting back.
Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
Goodguy6
Level 7

Amazon Prime Video crashes back to home screen

Jump to solution

This channel worked about two weeks ago on the same Roku unit.  Tried all the usual stuff - uninstall, reboot, install, etc... but of course nothing worked.

What do I do?  Get a more expensive Roku player?

0 Kudos
Dragonrider
Level 7

Amazon Prime won't open

Jump to solution

Amazon Prime was working fine last night but now just throw me back to the home screen. Have tried reinstalling and restarting but neither have fixed the problem. Advice? 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Re: Amazon Prime Video Won't Start On Roku Player 4620X

Jump to solution

@Goodguy6 wrote:

This channel worked about two weeks ago on the same Roku unit.  Tried all the usual stuff - uninstall, reboot, install, etc... but of course nothing worked.

What do I do?  Get a more expensive Roku player?

You should not have to do that. Your Roku Premiere, despite being nearly five years old, is a good device. It should work without issue. It could be a temporary glitch. You've already done the remove/reboot/reinstall of the app.

Maybe details on what the issue is, specifically, that you're encountering. Is it refusing to launch? Launching then closing? Launching then freezing? What's going on?

DBDukes
http://www.mystreaminglife.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
hkrueger4
Level 7

Re: Are you being returned to Home screen after selecting a channel?

Jump to solution

When I select "Prime" I am returned to the home screen. So far, this is the only channel affected. I tried removing channel and reselecting. Did not resolve problem. 

StreamerUser

Jump to solution

Amazon issued a bad Prime update (12.0.2021070213) - crashes/dumps/exits to home upon loading.

You can give feedback:  Highlight Prime/Options (*)/Give us feedback/Channel failed to launch/load/start.

Amazon CS:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

@RokuDanny-R @RokuKariza-D and @RokuMary-F please have the content/app engineers contact Amazon and let them know they need to roll back their update.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
CAVEMAN38
Level 7

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
mittam99
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same issue. Prime Video won't load, goes back to the Roku home screen.

0 Kudos