Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PabloAVG
Binge Watcher

Prime Video not updating the last watched episode.

This started with the lastest app update. I'm currently watching a couple shows, and since this last redesign, after an episode is finished and goes back to the title screen, it is offering me to play next the same episode I just watched. I exited the app and logged in again, but it's still offering the play next the same episode.

Please, fix this since it is very annoying.

9 REPLIES 9
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Prime Video not updating the last watched episode.

The app is created and maintained by Amazon.  Roku just supplies the platform to run it on.  You need to address your concerns to Amazon.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
jag32266
Channel Surfer

I can't help but just so you know,..

I'm having issues with that same channel- I have to LOG IN each time I view or I can't see my watch list on Amazon Prime. All else seem fine with Prime but my login,.. sounds like they are having s/w issues.

randywsandberg
Reel Rookie

I am able to easily reproduce this issue on my Apple TV 4K using the latest Amazon Prime Video app (version 1.1.6). I have called Amazon Support several times and reported this issue. Since that time I have factory reset my Apple TV as well as deleted/reinstalled/reregistered their app several times. No workaround other than going to another device (or Amazon's website) and skimming through the episode (or movie) to completion. I feel your pain. Very frustrating!

0 Kudos
ogaebe

Same problem.  Unless I stop watching before the time runs out the bar showing how much of the episode is watched is empty.  I have to go to episodes and find the next one or I restart a previously watched episode.  Very irritating.  

randywsandberg
Reel Rookie

Exactly @ogaebe, the app properly updates the episode's watch history to the very end then it resets the history as if it had never been watched. Thus if I stop playing seconds prior to the end all is good. The watch history is preserved. Super frustrating to say the least!

0 Kudos
rpaulmason
Channel Surfer

I've been having the same problem since I had to upgrade my Roku device to The Express. Every time I go to the series I have to navigate all the way to the point I left off. And in this case, I'm watching Season 9 so it's a pain as it defaults to Season 1.

Maybe there's an option somewhere but I can't find it.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@rpaulmason

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dkearns

I was having the same issue, my roku would not remember where I left off at on a particular tv series, most frustrating!! I finally went on on to my prime account app for Amazon and “liked” all the seasons and it worked!! I went back onto my tv that I had roku on and it finally remembered!! I know this post is kind of old but maybe my reply may help someone else….

Dkearns

If using the word “liked” might be the wrong use of words, I added the seasons to my list of movies, etc that I wanted to watch and the app I used was on my iPhone…