Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JParlO
Level 7

Prime Video not loading

It happens daily. We noticed on an old tv with a Roku stick first and upgraded the tv giving us several TCL Roku TVs. It happens on all of them. I’ve done everything stayed online from de-registering the device, uninstalling and reinstalling the channel, everything updated, hard boot, system restart, etc etc. Bandwidth is fine. This started a month or so ago. Is this a known issue being fixed?  Help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Prime Video not loading

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or Prime app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote)

FYI, the correct procedure to re-install an app on Roku:

1) Remove the app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the app

(Otherwise, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

Known solutions/workarounds for apps not loading:

1) Change your Theme to the Roku Default (Settings/Theme/Restore default theme) - try again

2) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock (Settings/Theme/Screensavers) - try again

3) Check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now) - try again

4) Remove Prime app, RESTART ROKU (Settings/System/System restart), Add Prime app - try again

5) Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) - try again

6) Completely unplug power from Roku/Roku TV for 10-15 minutes - try again

7) Factory reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) <--- last resort

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JParlO
Level 7

Yes I did all of the above and deregistered devices on Amazon. TCL Roku TV 2019, though the one bought a few weeks ago and after updating everything, it did the same as the other TCLs we have and a Roku stick. Firmware is 10.0, I believe. Having to go by my recollection since I can’t check. I can’t even get the screen with the code to log in my account after reinstalling the app.  I’ve also unplugged the router and restarted. 
BTW, my ridiculous work around is accessing prime in my iPad and casting it to the tv. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

You need the full version+build:  Settings/System/About - why can you not check this?

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos