Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Prime Video not loading through wireless internet connection

I set up my Roku Premier for the first time today and had to use my mobile phone as a hot spot rather than my home wireless connection to complete the activation. I am now having problems with prime Video, I am only able to use the app on my Roku when using my mobile as a hot spot, the app doesn't open at all when connected to WiFi. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my WiFi provider / router, with Prime, or with Roku. Nor do I know what I need to do to fix it. Any thoughts??
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Prime Video not loading through wireless internet connection

@Jcmsd 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Are you able to use another other channels when you are connected to your home wireless connection?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Prime Video not loading through wireless internet connection

I seem to be having a similar issue. All my other channels work fine on my Roku express plus device but when I attempt to load Prime Video I get an Internet disconnect message.  I have uninstalled the Prime Video channel and disconnected the power to do a reboot and then reinstalled the prime video channel but I have not had any success with solving the issue. My Roku 2 had no problem - but Roku encourage me to replace it with the Express + device since the Roku 2 was becoming obsolete. I think I made a mistake I should have left it alone.

0 Kudos