Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Prime Video not getting installed from the Roku app store

Hi, I am in UK and my Roku Premier 4630x does not install Prime Video from the most popular channel list in Roku store. I have changed my location to UK. Earlier I was in Norway and I faced the same problem. I was thinking that Norway was not supporting Roku. However after moving to UK, I face the same problem and hence the reason could be different.

Any help?

regards, JP

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Prime Video not getting installed from the Roku app store

Your Roku will only show channels that are available in the country that your Roku account shows as your location. Also, your IP address is tied to a particular country, which could block channels that aren't available in that location.

If your Roku account still thinks you are in Norway, and if Prime Video doesn't allow use in Norway, that would explain it. It's also possible that Prime Video isn't available in the UK. I have no idea myself, as I'm based in the US. 

Roku themselves have no control over what country a particular channel is available. The channel developer has complete control of that. If your Roku account is set to the wrong country, the Roku admins here on the forum might be able to help you with that tomorrow. They work M-F during normal business hours in the Western US (Pacific Time Zone). 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos